Advice and recs baby+rescue pooches

freycee

Hi all.

In a nutshell we are looking for recs on in home trainers/ pupppy schools and clubs in Perth North to work with us all and set us up for a safe and happy life. Also any people with experiences or learnings to share with a similar situation? We are planning to adopt a

rescue bitch (soon to be desexed) and one of her pups cattle dog cross into a house with a 5 month old baby. Plan is to have a puppy school and in home trainers 1-2 times a week from day 1 and then off to weekly obedience cl7bs thereafter. 

Full backstory below:

We lost our beautiful cattle dog X from old age this week and her sister 2 years ago (cancer). It is the first time we have not had dogs in over 11 years and we do not like it so have decided to rescue another dog (or 2). Sounds simple but this time we have a 5 month old baby (I want her  to grow up with dogs like I did) and I am keen for some advice and suggestions to get us all off to the best start possible.

We have decided on cattle dog crosses again as we love the loyalty, affection and intelligence of the breed and are familiar with their needs (exercise, mental stimulation, companionship etc) so are going in eyes wide open. 

We have found a beautiful 3 year old cattle dog X who has just had a litter of puppies and looking at adopting her + one of her pups. She has a beautiful nature and the rescue says they will choose a pup with the right nature if we want. Thinking is they will keep each other company when we return to work part time and also allow mama to keep one of her bubs with her and help her settle.

We will be taking the pup to puppy school and both to a dog club after but also want to get trainers into the home 1-2 times a week for the first few months to help work with us to set the right boundaries and behaviours (all round) to ensure everyone gets used to each other as they all grow.

So looking for recommendations on any good puppy schools (evenings or weekends preferable so hubby and I can both go) as well as a good in home trainer who uses positive reinforcement techniques. We are located NOR between city and joondalup.

Also anyone with any advice on integrating new dogs with babies, feel free to lay it on me. Thanks in advance.