Syringes -- I’m desperate

Over the years, particularly when Danny was still alive, I must have visited every syringe site on the web looking for syringes with wide nozzles.  I looked at baby sites, I looked at baby sections in chemists and supermarkets, I’ve trawled ebay and the like, but simple can’t find what I need.  I even looked looked at sauce bottles and on and on and on and on.    

I am now supplementing Jeune’s intake with syringe feeding with a mix of nutrigel, Recovery and bone broth, but I need a syringe with a wider nozzle.   The ones I have are fine for liquids and meds, and I buy the 1ml and 3ml by the box of one hundred.  I’ve tried 10ml and 20ml, but the nozzles are the same size as the little ones and I find almost impossible to push the plunger.   

Any help anyone ???  

Many thanks.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Reusable-100ML-Large-Big-Plastic-Hydroponics-Nutrient-Measuring-Syringe-xy/113806564700?hash=item1a7f665d5c:m:m28GQ4llcgqjRwMgrUzEetg

I use 60ml and 100ml ones to deliver wet dog food to the dogs. 

use rose clippers to cut the syringe nozzle at the wider part (about halfway down) which makes wider but still allows enough length for dog mouth

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Two Best Dogs! said:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Reusable-100ML-Large-Big-Plastic-Hydroponics-Nutrient-Measuring-Syringe-xy/113806564700?hash=item1a7f665d5c:m:m28GQ4llcgqjRwMgrUzEetg

I use 60ml and 100ml ones to deliver wet dog food to the dogs. 

use rose clippers to cut the syringe nozzle at the wider part (about halfway down) which makes wider but still allows enough length for dog mouth

Looks like the 100ml ones would have the nozzle width you need @Loving my Oldies

T.

Irrigation syringes might be the way to go. I love the curve and that you can cut the tip to size. You can buy them in a larger quantity if needed but they clean really well too. 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10pcs-Disposable-Elbow-Syringe-Irrigation-Syringe-Curved-Tip-Dental-T2P3/303323565547?hash=item469f7e4deb:g:MGYAAOSwZGBdpqM7&frcectupt=true

• Thanks 1

Thanks to all the suggestions (I’m so amazed at the efforts people have gone to to give me links, suggestions, etc ..... :thanks: :thanks:) I started a search again and with more parameters from the suggestions, found the syringes in the pic below.  At 30mls they are still big, but they are squeezy soft and I can pour the food into them and just use one throughout the day.  Currently, I’ve been using about a dozen 3mls syringes which take me ages to fill and then use huge amounts of water for washing.   At least a week for delivery though :(  :( because I couldn’t find similar in Australia.   

49124757808_4e9066b5b7_m.jpgfullsizeoutput_c22 by Cynthia Waters, on Flickr

Edited by Loving my Oldies
  • Like 3