puppy toileting

bomba

Hi all

I have a 4 year female Boxer we lost her sister to cancer and she was lonely so l decided to get her a companion which is great except the 6 month male tends to toilet in the house when lm not home.

He has acess to a doggy door  which he uses when l'm home with no issues but when l go to work he pees and poos inside not all the time . I have used many home and store products to stop him but they don't work. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas or remedies to stop this behaviour. Yes l feed him at the same time 6am every morning, he goes to toilet after meal . I come home every day at lunch time to check on both as l said some days nothing then other days there it is , l"m at my wits end please help.....

He's still very young at 6 months.

I'd be leaving him outside when not supervised and when you are home keep up with the toilet training. He'll mature and remember what he's supposed to do when it's a bit more ingrained. 

• Like 3

What is the puppies history prior to coming too you or what age did you get him??
Chances are whilst trained most likely not to the doggy door & whilst he uses it fine when your home you most likely also cue the right behaviour & reward.once on his own hasn't quiet put the puzzle together on going out without you home or with that reassurance .

Wits end a tad dramatic after all this pup hasnt got the memo to your expectations so go back to basics .If possible limit the access to the house for a period ,sometime hooking the flap up when not home allows for more bravery on the pups behalf but just stick to a very good out the door routine & independence of using it 

• Like 2