AAR register all species microchip register accessible Australia wide?

asal

I always knew it was for Dogs, but did not know this until today.

I remember reading somewhere people are asking for a register to be set up to register their horses microchip, name and details, owner and address details?

I was just filling out the application to enter one of my horses in next years Sydney Royal.
One of the conditions of entering is your horse MUST be microchippped AND registered in the RAS animal Register, Otherwise known as AAR

It only costs $14 and apparently the register is accessible Australia wide.
You can register the microchip, animals name, birth date, owner's name and address for any or all of the following animals ....dog, cat, horse, alpaca, bird, camel, cow, dingo, donkey, ferret, flying fox, fox, goat, guinea pig, hare, koala, lion, llama, marsupial, mice and rats, monkey, penguin, pig, possum, rabbit, reptile, sheep, snake, squirrel, sundry, tiger, turtle, unknown, wombat.

Edited by asal
  • Thanks 1

If the animal leaves NSW on that register the chip details  do not show up & has to be re registered on a registry that is Aussie wide.
One of the pains of purchasing a dog from NSW when you live in another state ,most people don't know this
I would query to be only registered on the database as out of state horses wont be on it

I thought from this page it means they are accessed by both Victoria and Qld at the least?  As well the very name, Australasian would appear to indicate Australia wide?

Think I will give them a call on monday and find out

"' Australasian Animal Registry

Why AAR

Why register with AAR?

• Our recovery database operates 24 hours, 7 days a week – meaning your pet can be recovered day or night. If you lose your pet on the weekend, you don’t want to wait until Monday for help.
  • Once you have registered your pet, our recovery services are free.
  • We register all types of animals not just cats and dogs.
  • We have accreditation with the Australian Veterinary Association along with both the Victorian and Queensland Governments.
  • A one-off lifetime registration fee and no charge for address or detail changes (online only).
  • If you move overseas your records will be maintained until your return. We can issue registration certificates to simplify dealing with Immigration and Quarantine.
  • Accuracy is our priority. AAR uses the latest scanning technology to enter details of microchip registration – ensuring accuracy and privacy of information.

Talk to your vet about using AAR or contact us direct on 02 9704 1450 or [email protected]

Microchipping and AAR registration is by far the most effective way of being reunited as quickly as possible with your lost loved one  "

Edited by asal

On 29/11/2019 at 4:08 PM, Dogsfevr said:

If the animal leaves NSW on that register the chip details  do not show up & has to be re registered on a registry that is Aussie wide.
One of the pains of purchasing a dog from NSW when you live in another state ,most people don't know this
I would query to be only registered on the database as out of state horses wont be on it

so no better than the local council register and thats free until you life register your dog, but it too is only state register so go out of state as has happened and dont get your dog back if lost either

I really dont understand why they are not linked,   it is the same country for goodness sakes

I can't follow you asal. I've had dogs with AAR for several years and they are Australia wide. No false advertising there.

If you are referring to Dogsfevr's comment " If the animal leaves NSW on that register the chip details  do not show up & has to be re registered on a registry that is Aussie wide." She is talking about the NSW register which I think is CAR which is a bit confusing seeing as how the rest of Australia already had CAR = Central Animal Records first

On 29/11/2019 at 4:08 PM, Dogsfevr said:

this is the cause of my confusion, I specifically put the link to AAR and was talking solely about AAR

and this was immediately below my original post

So I could only think she was referring to AAR

Edited by asal