Goodbye Tyson

soniq

I know this doesnt really belong here but I need to say goodbye

My gorgeous tabby Tyson was hit by a car last night, just as I was about to bring him in. I didn't see it but I got a knock on the door asking if I owned a cat with a collar and bell. I knew what he was going to say. The man moved him from the road and covered him with a towel. He was still alive but not for much longer. I stroked him and told him I love him and that he could go, that he didn't need to suffer. He buried his head under the towel and took his final breath.

He was the sweetest cat I've ever known. Ridiculously affectionate and endlessly tolerant of Lucy who would jump all over him. He never so much as looked at someone with a scowl.

I love you my baby boy. 2 years was much too short a time with you. Your brother Cody (who was 4 months when we got you and we thought would not accept you) will miss you. He was waiting at the door for you to come inside. I can't stop the tears from flowing for you.

I gave you the best life I could. I will never forget you. :)

Thanks TKS.

I have a pregnancy test tomorrow and I can't help but think that maybe it's something about the circle of life. He is now at the vet and I wish I could go there and tell them I made a mistake.

I havent let my other cat out yet to go to the toilet. I'm too scared.

:) Oh darlin... thoughts are with you. Let your tears flow in grief today... and hopefully they will mix with bittersweet tears of joy tomorrow. Holding on to a cat and trying to keep it safe is like holding on to water. They are free spirits - "angels with fur".

• 2 weeks later...