Bug zapper terrifies pup

Selena’s Harley

We have figured out our pup Harley gets terrified , scurries away hides cries , will not eat or drink pants fast breathing .. tonight is so bad been hours and he will not calm down... we have turned the zapper off and still can’t calm him this time ...

these zappers I guess make a noise we can’t here.. but it started with the zap noice making him run off.. 

has anybody else had a dog freight so much ? 

E08CEB39-A142-4D2A-8F96-7FAF609A77BB.jpeg

just get rid of it, it kills heaps of good insects, use mozzie repellent and fly traps instead.

This is copied from Google--> Traditional bug zappers will kill a large number of harmless insects. In fact, they may even kill a larger number of beneficial insects than harmful ones. Mosquitoes in particular are attracted to carbon dioxide (in your breath) and water vapour (in your sweat) rather than ultraviolet light from zappers

• Like 1

On 01/12/2019 at 8:18 PM, Boronia said:

just get rid of it, it kills heaps of good insects, use mozzie repellent and fly traps instead.

This is copied from Google--> Traditional bug zappers will kill a large number of harmless insects. In fact, they may even kill a larger number of beneficial insects than harmful ones. Mosquitoes in particular are attracted to carbon dioxide (in your breath) and water vapour (in your sweat) rather than ultraviolet light from zappers

Yes, I stupidly bought one at Aldi

we have mozzies by the score but when I watched it at work what it was attracting and killing was dozens of moths and beneficial insects.....not a single mozzie 

into the bin it went

• Like 2