Urgently need help transporting newly purchased Rottweiler puppy

Bexrose

Hi I have recently purchased a new member of my family and have just been informed by the breeder that I need to have my puppy picked up from Quirindi NSW Australia by the 18/12/19 or I forfiet sale as she is going away and doesn't have any body to leave puppy with. I need my puppy picked up and moved to Toowoomba Qld Australia,so my question is can anyone help point me in the direction of the cheapest and most importantly the most reliable transportation method please I'm desperately needing advice as I have never done this before and am starting to feel like I am going to loose my puppy

Hi . How old is the puppy, and when HAD you arranged to collect/transport it ? 
have you paid a deposit, or full price ? 

It sounds as if you are unable to drive & collect your pup yourselves ... that would be the most reliable ..that way you would know exactly what was happening .

Edited by persephone
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, PANDI-GIRL said:

Hi, this sounds very strange,  the breeder must have someone minding her other dogs.

Which date had been agreed on for puppy pick up,  or was pup going by plane to your airport? 

I hope you can get help with your new puppy @Bexrose  :) 

Depends on how many dogs the breeder has ,they may be boarding there dog/s or taking them with them.
So in the scheme of things not strange .

It would be more a case of when they pup was ready to leave & what arrangements have/had been made .
In our last litter we had one person phone the day before pick up to say they wanted it too stay with us for the next 2 weeks ,no drama in the end we had to phone them & place a deadline on pick up or there holding fee returned & pup resold so not always a cut and dry story .

• Like 1

When is the puppy 8 weeks old & ready to leave .
What pick up date had you arranged prior too this??
What was the original method of transport going to be ??
Issue with many transporters & even the airlines is there monitoring the severe heat at present .
Virgin has certainly informed transporters & people they will cancel flight travel if deemed in the safety of the dog .
Not sure if any of the road transporters are prepared to move dogs during this heat either & it would be a risk for a young puppy .

For flying depending on age it would need a fit to fly vet check

Edited by Dogsfevr
  • Like 2

The breeder must know transport options. You can't be their first long distance pup. :confused:  

Via road I think dogmovers is booked out already. There's others around. e.g Angryface, Coastal Critters.

Just check with any transport that they aren't transporting pound dogs with your tiny baby. In this heat I'd only choose one (if you can find one not booked out) where pup could ride in the air-con van not the trailer.

If it were me I would just go for a drive & pick the pup up.  Maybe the breeder could meet you half way.  It is a 6 1/2 hour trip from Toowoomba. Drive down, stay overnight, pick up the pup & drive back to Toowoomba. What was the original plan for picking up the pup? You must have known that the breeder was in Quirindi.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dogsfevr said:

Issue with many transporters & even the airlines is there monitoring the severe heat at present .
Virgin has certainly informed transporters & people they will cancel flight travel if deemed in the safety of the dog .
Not sure if any of the road transporters are prepared to move dogs during this heat either & it would be a risk for a young puppy .

Hi original plan was for her partner to bring my puppy from Quirindi to me as he is a truck driver but when the time came I was informed that he was already on the road and wouldn't know when he was going to be coming back up my way again. And then I was informed that I would need to have her picked up by the 18 th as she was going away on the 19 th and could not find any body to leave the puppies with and I would loose my girl if not collected. Now I have been desperately contacting airlines and transportation services in my attempt to get my girl but unfortunately most are fully booked or some I am still waiting for a quote. I am happy to drive and pick my puppy up but my car is needing work on it which will be finished by Saturday, I even tried to see if we could meet halfway between only to be informed that she is unable to drive due to stomach surgery so that it was not possible. So I'm now trying to see if I can get my puppy into a boarding kennel for a few nights and then when my car is fixed go and get her. If anyone has any other suggestions I'm more than happy to try just about anything.

Kind regards Rebecca Rose

8 minutes ago, sheena said:

If it were me I would just go for a drive & pick the pup up.  Maybe the breeder could meet you half way.  It is a 6 1/2 hour trip from Toowoomba. Drive down, stay overnight, pick up the pup & drive back to Toowoomba. What was the original plan for picking up the pup? You must have known that the breeder was in Quirindi.

Yes I was aware of the location but I was told that her partner would bring the puppy to me as he regularly drives to Toowoomba in his truck but when the time arrived I was told that he was already on the road and wouldn't know when he would be getting another trip up here. I am happy to drive down and pick up my puppy but can not until Saturday as my car is in need of some work and probably won't make it without being fixed.

Kind regards Rebecca Rose

14 minutes ago, sheena said:

I have offered to meet halfway between but was informed that the breeder is unable to drive due to stomach surgery.

Regards Rebecca

2 hours ago, Dogsfevr said:

The puppy will be 8 weeks old on the 18th

Regards Rebecca

No boarding kennel will take it as it’s underage and not fully vaccinated .

Depends if this is a registered breeder or just someone having a litter .

if an ANKC breeder pup couldn’t be handed over till Saturday anyway due to age unless they had applied for special permission due to eXTreme circumstances which this wouldn’t be .

Pup can’t fly till it’s 8 weeks and will need a valid fit to fly certificate 

Flights on weekends are limited anyway and it would depend on where the closest airport is that accepts live freight .

i guess hiring a car or counting your loses and not getting this pup and finding a breeder closer .

You could try a transport company called petwaggin. They are based in Toowoomba I think and google will find their contact details. What they would charge and whether they would even take a pup that is not yet 8 weeks I don’t know. The dog would need to be in the air conditioned vehicle with them with the temps forecast for this week. 

Sounds dodgy to me... can't drive due to surgery, but can go on holidays? Wants pup gone before it is 8 weeks old. Has no-one available to look after dogs while on holiday. Changing all transport/delivery arrangements at the last moment AND then telling you that you are going to lose whatever deposit you've put down already. Dodgy AF IMHO.

Personally, I say maybe you need to cut your losses here and find a pup elsewhere...

T.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, tdierikx said:

Sounds dodgy to me... can't drive due to surgery, but can go on holidays? Wants pup gone before it is 8 weeks old. Has no-one available to look after dogs while on holiday. Changing all transport/delivery arrangements at the last moment AND then telling you that you are going to lose whatever deposit you've put down already. Dodgy AF IMHO.

Personally, I say maybe you need to cut your losses here and find a pup elsewhere...

T.

Maybe not T, if you Google 'Rottweiler pups Quirindi NSW' a site pops up with heaps of piccies but it's unclear if they come with papers as they refer to some as being 'adopted' so perhaps they also rescue