Urgently need help transporting newly purchased Rottweiler puppy

Bexrose

2 hours ago, tdierikx said:

Sounds dodgy to me... can't drive due to surgery, but can go on holidays? Wants pup gone before it is 8 weeks old. Has no-one available to look after dogs while on holiday. Changing all transport/delivery arrangements at the last moment AND then telling you that you are going to lose whatever deposit you've put down already. Dodgy AF IMHO.

Personally, I say maybe you need to cut your losses here and find a pup elsewhere...

T.

Yes...I was thinking that too.  I would think a good breeder would factor in having a litter & going on holidays.  BOTH you would think would be planned well ahead.  What is the breed of pup...someone said rottweiler but I couldn't find that reference.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sheena said:

Yes...I was thinking that too.  I would think a good breeder would factor in having a litter & going on holidays.  BOTH you would think would be planned well ahead.  What is the breed of pup...someone said rottweiler but I couldn't find that reference.  

The clue is in the title @sheena  :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Not necessarily dodgy .. possibly overwhelmed.  The stomach surgery may not have been known about beforehand, so plans might have had to change.   There is a listing in the DOL breeders page for a breeder in Quirindi.  If the OP is otherwise satisfied with the breeder and the pups, I'd be hiring a car and driving down there.   (And what car rental companies don't know won't hurt them.  They hire cars to people with kids after all .. think sticky icecream mess etc. etc.) .   With a very young pup not fully vaccinated, I'd say that's the safest option, I'd think.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Tassie said:

(And what car rental companies don't know won't hurt them.  They hire cars to people with kids after all .. think sticky icecream mess etc. etc.) .   With a very young pup not fully vaccinated, I'd say that's the safest option, I'd think.

If you needed to hear it from someone else, this is absolutely true with respect to car rental companies. :laugh: 

• Like 3

Just saw this and today is the date that the puppy was supposed to be picked up, so this information may be irrelevant now.  Tamworth is the closest airport to Quirindi and there's only one airline (Fly Corporate) that goes to Brisbane direct and that's only several flights a week.  It's a small plane so I don't think there would be provision for  animals to be transported.  The only breeder advertising has had a litter on 15 December so doesn't sound like them.  Quirindi is a very small place.  My advice would be to be very careful.  If you have missed out on this puppy, source a good breeder close to Toowoomba so you are able to see the setup before you choose.

• Like 2