Off her food + diarrhea

Yoli (14 mo old Springer) is usually a good eater.  She has been refusing her usual food, and has had the runs for a couple of days.  She still gnaws bones though, and just demolished a large cooked chicken breast.  Won't touch a mix of pumpkin and yogurt, laps up raw egg.  No fever, drinking a normal amount, a little lethargic, perhaps from not eating.  Not the easiest time to get a vet appointment or to shop for alternative foods. 

My inclination is keep an eye on her, give her what she's willing to eat and see if we can make it for a few days until vet service is available.  Am I overlooking some way this could be something serious? (I've had Labs with cast iron stomachs for decades...not used to more delicate eaters). 

On 29/12/2019 at 5:52 PM, sandgrubber said:

Happy to report she's back to wiggle butt mischief and begging for food.  Not so worried if she still has the runs. 

Good that she's happy.  I've had good success with cooked mashed pumpkin to help with firming up stools after my youngster had a tummy upset recently.  I'd read recommendations for it often, but this was the first time I'd tried it.   Worked a treat.