Advice needed: rehome or treatment options

Personally I would rehome her . 

Why have her medicated for life when she could live stress free and happy,  ( which she isn’t now), in a home with other dogs . 

Your looking at another 10+ years , is this what you want ? 

I think you feel guilty , don’t , wrong dog for you. 

Dogs do not show themselves in kennels well , I’d be reluctant to take a trainer in to help you pick one anyway unless they understand that . 

Taking a dog in foster care is way safer . 

The longer this goes on the harder it will be for all . 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, juice said:

Personally I would rehome her . 

Why have her medicated for life when she could live stress free and happy,  ( which she isn’t now), in a home with other dogs . 

Your looking at another 10+ years , is this what you want ? 

I think you feel guilty , don’t , wrong dog for you. 

Dogs do not show themselves in kennels well , I’d be reluctant to take a trainer in to help you pick one anyway unless they understand that . 

Taking a dog in foster care is way safer . 

The longer this goes on the harder it will be for all . 

That's a good point about foster care to find out a dogs true personality. We just have to keep reminding ourselves that if we do rehome her that it's the best for her and us. And we're not just abandoning her. She's such a sweet soul and it's heartbreaking for us to see her like this. I just hope whoever we find will love her a million times over and provide the environment she needs to thrive. 

Medication isn’t necessarily for life. It’s used in conjunction with behaviour modification and can be carefully discontinued under vet instruction if/when able. A panicked brain can’t learn properly hence meds. You also mention symptoms of anxiety disorders other than isolation distress. This won’t just go away with rehoming; she needs to get a proper diagnosis/diagnoses and treatment plan, whether you do this or someone else does.

• Like 1