Advice on breeds

Leowl123

Hi, I am looking in to getting a dog but have a few criteria. I travel a lot internationally, usually in the region of 20 flights a year all over the world. When I'm in any place I'll have plenty of time to spend with it and do exercise, adventure etc but the travelling is a big consideration. Is it best not to get one at all? Are there any breeds that stand out as an obvious choice?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Powerlegs said:

If you are planning on taking doggy with you, we don't have system like Pet Passports so every time you come back into the country you'd have to quarantine. 

Yes..your dog would be spending most of its time in quarantine kennels :(

16 hours ago, persephone said:

Yes..your dog would be spending most of its time in quarantine kennels :(

It would be spending more time overseas doing its time residency before being able to re enter & depending on the countries & the Category it comes under can't even leave that country unless its done its time in a Cat for import country plus meeting all the current pre testing time frame & airline embargos overseas during certain weather times

• Confused 1

I wouldn’t get a dog in that situation. Like others have mentioned, every time you enter Australia your dog will be placed in quarantine kennels. 

perhaps look at what help you could be to local animal shelters & charities in the locations you visit, and in your local area at home.

it will give you the chance to help dogs abroad and at home, and give you valuable experience for the day you may settle down from travelling and are in a better position to have your own dog. Perhaps you could also look at spending the money saved on moving your own dog around the world, to help dogs in need around the world 

• Like 2