Basil

stellnme

We had quite the journey, Bas.  From the moment you chose me in the pound - when I wasn't even thinking of another dog, we had a bond.  That bond grew with time and training, through early morning walks in the park, through other dogs in your home.  I just knew what you would do.  When I had a fall while walking you, you just sat by my side until eventually help came along.  You weren't going anywhere without me.  It isn't fair that Megaesophagus, then pneumonia, claimed you so quickly when you were too young and had so much love left to share.  I hope you are playing with our other dogs who have passed and barking at the Magpies.  I'm sure they would still be laughing at you, you couldn't hurt a fly.

You were one cool little dude and our very good boy and you've left such a gap in our lives.  I'm so glad I brought you home that day and kept you.  I think you knew you would never leave.

Safe in that little corner of my heart where all good dogs live. 

Basil 2016.jpg

Bas graduating from puppy school.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

You will miss him so much, what a lovely little dog, he looks so full of piss and vinegar, such a cheeky face.

I am sorry he's no longer with you, you must love him so much

:flower:

Edited by Boronia
  • Like 2

On 1/3/2020 at 4:40 PM, Boronia said:

You will miss him so much, what a lovely little dog, he looks so full of piss and vinegar, such a cheeky face.

I am sorry he's no longer with you, you must love him so much

:flower:

@Boronia oh he was :), that describes him beautifully.

• 3 months later...