"the big 5" all in one flea/worming in breeding dogs?

joshuah

I am currently using cannex and revolution but i am keen to give "The big 5" a go.. but I noticed they state, "The safety of Credelio has been not been evaluated in breeding males and females." -- is this something to be concerned about? is it safe to use?

What do YOU use for your bitches/dogs? 

I use as little as possible and never a combo. I give a monthly heart worm tablet that only does heartworm and I give it every 6 weeks. I use an intestinal wormer roughly 3 times a year. Spot on flea treatment a couple of times over summer for just in case. No ticks where I live.

• Like 4

I use ValuHeart which is Ivermectin based. Not to be used on non  DNA tested working dogs. I usually use Advantage for the spot on and the all wormer is usually Milbemax but I'm not too worried about brand as long as it is an all wormer.

• 4 weeks later...

We have no need to flea/tick treat but we also follow the rule keep it simple and old fashioned .

We also don’t heartworm as the risk here is very small compared to the chemicals .

We always heartwormed until they made it More fancy .

We all Worm adults on a basic schedule .

At the end of the day there all strong chemicals being placed into your dog ,

Some breeds with higher incidence of thyroid or other auto immune issues I would manage even more .

I wouldn’t give the all in ones too stock I wasn’t breeding from due to potential issues