Issues with our breeder

Smith3

We've now had our new puppy for over 2 weeks and the breeder is just refusing to send us our puppy pack (this includes puppies vet card and pedigree papers) I have spoken to the breeder a few times about getting it sent and at first she made excuses as to why she hadn't sent it and that she would send it immediately, now she just isn't replying when i contact her. The only thing we care about is getting the pedigree papers. Any advice for how we can do that?

1 hour ago, Smith3 said:

We've now had our new puppy for over 2 weeks and the breeder is just refusing to send us our puppy pack (this includes puppies vet card and pedigree papers) I have spoken to the breeder a few times about getting it sent and at first she made excuses as to why she hadn't sent it and that she would send it immediately, now she just isn't replying when i contact her. The only thing we care about is getting the pedigree papers. Any advice for how we can do that?

What were the 'excuses'? 

If they had to do with waiting for the Canine Association to send stuff, I'd say it was a reason, not an excuse.  There was a time when I let puppy buyers choose their pups' names.  Result : I couldn't file for pedigree papers until the last pup went home.  And sometimes the K9 folks end up way behind schedule after the holidays. 

• Like 3

Are they actually a registered breeder ??
Im gathering you had the pup flown over if you didn't get the Vacc card at time of pick up ??
Excuses may be legit may not .
Depending on the state some states are so backed up with rego there weeks behind,pups cant be registered until microchipped ,our puppies never leave with papers because we choose to chip later so paperwork is still being processed when they leave unless we pay for fast track & at times fast track is put on hold until all caught up ,if in Victoria for example they are backed up .
Vacc card & microchip paperwork is ready  when  pup goes .

If you have concerns contact the body there registered with to confirm there details

• Like 1

I emailed Dogs NSW to verify they were a registered breeder before putting down a deposit.

Three days before puppy was due to fly to us, the breeder sent me a text message saying puppy pack will be sent by regular post unless we want to pay express postage (and get food in the puppy pack). We were never told we would have to pay more on top of the full price we paid for pup, so i said we didn't need to the food and regular post was fine. 

Pup came to us on the 24th Jan, 2 days later i spoke to the breeder because we were having trouble getting our pup to eat. It was the weekend and i assumed the pack had been sent on the 24th at that point. On the 4th when it still hadn't arrived, I messaged the breeder and asked if she had had a chance to send his paper work as we had booked him in for his second lot of vac's. Breeder rang me and said she had forgotten which pup the pack she had belonged to, she said that she would express it to us the following day and give me the tracking number. She also said she had just done the puppy insurance that day and if they asked we would need to lie and say we got our pup on the 4th.

I never got a tracking number from her and nothing arrived. I messaged her again on the 10th and asked if she had the tracking number and she has never replied.

I had really wanted his vet card to take with us to the vet, but that didn't happen. Now we just want his pedigree papers. 

She knew our pups name when he was 6 weeks. She told us that she would have their pedigree papers by 7 weeks and that she microchip the pups herself. The day we got our pup she sent me a text with a picture of the Change of Owner form and asked me to sign it and send it back to her, i did that.

I mean, i don't think i have been hassling her at all, so i don't know what to say to that.

Take the pup to the vet get them to scan for the microchip number and write it down. You will need to register the pup with a microchip company that covers Australia. As the pup has come from NSW it most likely is only on that states database. Other states have a lot of trouble getting into that database so it's best pup be put on another. Your vet will help you get him registered. I believe DogsNSW process litter registrations very quickly once they have them.  I would be contacting them to see if the registrations have been submitted.

• Like 5

I had a similar issue and it is a huge headache for everyone I’d say! Makes you feel bad for contacting your breeder, I know, but what are you supposed to do? I wouldn’t feel bad for “hassling”, easier said than done yes, but you need your paperwork and to get all your microchip information sorted. Sooner the better too, in my case there was a microchip record error with the council’s systems, two pups were down with the same number. Luckily I paid my rego first  - I felt very bad for the other pup’s owner though! 

Dogs NSW or your vet will be able to help you out with tracking your number within the databases, verifying what your number is should that be in issue, and get you a change of ownership application.That may require a statutory declaration. I believe that’s what you would have signed when you purchased but given the amount of red tape involved with registration, it might be easier for everyone for you to just do it again yourself.

Once you have that sent away, your change of ownership papers will be sent to you and later your mains or limited papers. It can take quite a while for the latter.

Don’t stress, it’s annoying but it will get fixed.

Very happy to say yesterday we received our pedigree papers, vet card and change of ownership form. 

We have had his microchip scanned so i'll now get his rego sorted.

Thank you for the replies.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Smith3 said:

Very happy to say yesterday we received our pedigree papers, vet card and change of ownership form. 

Oh yay!    That is good news!!          :party:     Now you can sit back and really enjoy your new pup!

On 2/14/2020 at 9:14 AM, Smith3 said:

Is that your puppy in your profile photo? :heart::heart::heart: