ADVANTIX - Your experiences

Stitch

I have used Advantix on my dogs for many years and always found it very good.  Because of the rain we now have a lot of mosquitoes and I was thinking of buying it again however I came across masses of complaints on line saying that it had either killed or adversely affected many dogs.  Does anyone have any experience of this?  I know that there will always be the odd dog that will react to medications but the number of complaints absolutely amazed me.  Also has anyone recently noted that Advantix actually does repel mosquitoes?

FWIW I used it on several trips to the mainland.  Had no problems with it on 3 different Border Collies.  On vet advice from up in Queensland, I actually used it together with Proban when you could still get that.  (We were visiting tick central)   It was a little bit sticky on the coat, and my only real hassle with it was the toxicity to cats, so I couldn't put it on till I'd left home.  The last trip north, 3 years ago, I decided to use Nexgard ,, again n o issues, although you can find horror stories about that too.

I didn't notice any effect on mosquitoes.

• Like 1