Can I bring my puppy home?

Emilyyy

So my partner and I got a puppy in August last year and he was given to us from the breeder with Parvo and unfortunately he didn't make it. He was only home for 2 days. We have recently got a new little golden retriever and we are staying at my parents house so shes safe. She had her second vaccination at 10 weeks old and she is now 12 weeks old. I really want to move back home so I was wanting opinions if it will be safe? Our home is a 2 storey home and we were upstairs with the old pup and we have recently moved our stuff downstairs but the old pup did come downstairs once. Would downstairs be safe enough to bring her home and would that second vaccination be enough to protect her? We have F10 to clean the inside but I'm worried about the grass!

The risk will be there for many years .

If you F10 it straight after the loss of your pup the time frame would be better as it needed addressing sooner than later .

If you haven’t cleaned and sprayed then getting it done in a hurry is good but leave pup at parents .

Your saving grace if your backyard receives lots of sunshine is that helps a lot with killing the bug 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Emilyyy said:

We have F10 to clean the inside

It really should have been  all sprayed  as soon as possible after the first puppy was there :(
I think, in yr situation , I would not bring a puppy home at all - but that's just me ...I know how resistant this virus is . :( I would consider a fully vaccinated adult dog , but never a puppy . 

I hope all goes well . 

Definitely talk to your vet .. and I would be asking about getting the 16 week vacc done as well.     If you're going between houses, you would probably be wise to have different shoes, or have a disinfectant tray to disinfect your shoes before you walk around your parents' house.

Maybe ask your vet about titre testing the pup at an appropriate time after vac to check whether he has built up immunity.  It's quite variable.

• Like 4

16 weeks at least. :) Check with vet about a titre test and what they think is the best move. Realistically parvo is everywhere. It's you dog's immunity that keeps it safe. 

In the meantime be patient. Enjoy your new baby, it'll go in no time. I love that you've temporarily moved to protect her! :heart: 

• Like 4