dog door recommendations

juice

I'm thinking of installing a dog door and not sure which to get.

Bunnings make the cheapest ones, but they looked a bit flimsy when i went in to see them, (  think 2 BT's barging through!).

Next i saw Patiolink, however the size i would need is over $480 i think, plus shipping, plus it need the locks removing on my current sliding door, drilling new holes in dog door frame and making sure they fit flush. Not something i can do and i got a quote from one of their installers and its $225, so very expensive all up.

Next one i found , Modern pet doors, say no drilling required but their page is a bit confusing , they mainly rant on about how good their door is without much practical info.

The first thing i will have to do is get a locksmith to come and unlock said door as i have never opened it and have lost the key, so more expense before i even start!

Anyone have a good one?

I had a dog door installed in the glass of the sliding door as the glass needed replacing.  The glazier used the Hakuna brand from Bunnings and the rotten thing wouldn't stay shut so was always flapping in the breeze.  We tried 3 from Bunnings and all were the same.  So I went with a Pet Walk brand - nice and strong with a good magnet.  Because it has a strong magnet though, it is a bit noisy.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an electronic door from Petsafe, spent under $100 on it, I definitely recommend it if it's large enough for your specific needs. Look into more options, I suggest you compare some here https://popular.reviews/electronic-dog-door/. I'm not the biggest fan of modifications to the house, but I had to put it in, I'm off to work for long hours and I would otherwise find my house filled with surprises from my puppy.