Vet recommendation

suziwong66

Hi all,

We recently moved to Greenbank (Qld) and i’m looking for a more local vet than Coorparoo where our current vet is located.

I’m happy to drive a bit for a good vet and am thinking the general locations of Greenbank, Logan, Jimboomba etc would be good.

I particularly want a vet who titre tests rather than just gives routine yearly vaccines  and if they stock anti-venom since we live semi-rurally now.

Thanks in advance

SW66

8 hours ago, Boronia said:

Hi suziwong66,

can't help as my vet is near Victoria Point but it's lovely to see you back :)

Thanks Boronia,

it’s been a busy few years and we have finally bought a house since coming back to SEQld, which of course means we have stability and space for more labs! I am applying to start a Masters of Social Work next semester and want to offer pet therapy in consults when the time comes, so we’ve put our name down on a breeders list. 

Yes to both of those. I use to have my 16yr old Titre tested there for the last 6yrs years of her life and they definitely keep anti-venom. 

They are a practise that really is there for your pet and not the almighty dollar. The head vet keeps vaccination prices low because she wants everyone to be able to afford to protect their pets. 

On 13/03/2020 at 11:51 PM, JOLEY said:

Yes to both of those. I use to have my 16yr old Titre tested there for the last 6yrs years of her life and they definitely keep anti-venom. 

They are a practise that really is there for your pet and not the almighty dollar. The head vet keeps vaccination prices low because she wants everyone to be able to afford to protect their pets. 

Thanks for that.

I’ll make an appt soon to introduce ourselves. I may have another pup soon and will start it out at the new vet and it’s a good way of having a stress free intro and also talk about my existing two. 

11 hours ago, Papillon Kisses said:

A friend highly recommends The Bloomin Vet at Greenbank. They are raw friendly, so I imagine would be on board with titre testing. Unsure about the snake anti-venom though. They are also great with anxious dogs if that is a factor for you.

Thanks for that - raw friendly is good!