I’m being deluged with Ads about dog beds

Is anyone else having their FB page inundated with advertisements regarding a specific type of dog bed?  It started a little while ago with one company advertising a “calming bed”.  It was round and very plush with the dogs (or cats) just disappearing into it and, as I am in the market for some replacements, I took a look.  They were hugely expensive.  In no time, my FB page was getting several ads a day all from different companies, but basically the same bed and all sorts of different prices.  

I actually like the look of them, but don’t want to order and find they are poor quality, not comfortable for the dogs and full of nasties that will intensify my allergies.  Hopefully I’ve attached a photo showing the bed.   

Edited to add that they come in a few sizes and several colours and some look much more “plush” than the example below.    

fullsizeoutput_c34.jpeg

Edited by Loving my Oldies

i would go online and shop for it, many facebook advertises are scammers and take your money and dont send the item

as well a percentage if you pay by card just keep taking money from your account until you cancel the card, then have to apply to get the money back

been caught twice so never ever again will buy from a fb add

well unless some one recommends one they actually bought from and know its not a scammer.  I reported the first and second scammers and fb deleted them but were back advertising within 48 hours so they sure dont keep track of the scammers

23 minutes ago, Loving my Oldies said:

OMG!  They are so expensive.  

I paid $50 which is a lot more than I usually do.  Their full price is expensive but when I got mine, they were the original, no copies around.  It's already outlasted a $20 bed.

On 3/13/2020 at 12:46 PM, Loving my Oldies said:

Is anyone else having their FB page inundated with advertisements regarding a specific type of dog bed?

No..cos I have  SOCIAL FIXER  installed and tweaked  and get NO ads .

I hope you can get it working for you - it makes life on social media so much more pleasant  !I was almost ready to scream at all the ads :(

• 1 month later...
On 14/03/2020 at 12:32 PM, jemappelle said:

I paid $50 which is a lot more than I usually do.  Their full price is expensive but when I got mine, they were the original, no copies around.  It's already outlasted a $20 bed.

@jemappelle, I am still getting all the ads, but one finally popped up that looked like an original and their prices were similar to that which you paid.  I took the plunge and have ordered two.  Hopefully, I picked the right company - I am looking forward to receiving them.   

So much of my bedding is really old and, frankly, the cheapest have lasted the longest.  

One of the things I’ve noticed is that if there is a round bed, the dogs will opt for that.  Most of my round ones have almost disintegrated hence my purchasing these new ones.   

Edited by Loving my Oldies

if you want cheap dog beds you can try KMart,  though I find I need to sew or stick (with contact adhesive) a piece of material like a curtain from the op-shop on the bottom as it's usually made of that non-lasting shopping bag stuff so it ends up in little black flakes after a year or so.

They have free shipping over $45 at the moment  https://www.kmart.com.au/freeshipping

and    snuggly dog beds here

Edited by Boronia

Thanks @Boronia.  I’ve been buying those very cheapie donut beds from Kmart for a whileThey wear out very quickly as I wash nearly every day and they aren’t made for that sort of wear and tend to disintegrate  :) :)

I have never seen the range on your link at my local Kmart, but I will certainly keep them in mind.  :thumbsup: