Cavs upset tummy

I'd normally go to the vets but at this stage  such close contact isnt  preferred.

Any suggestions on what to do for my boy will be appreciated.

He refused dinner last night which is the first time in his 8 years.

During the night he had a loose bowel movement & was definitely runny today.

I cant see why chicken breast &liver treat would result in that tannish brown colour.

He ate grass this morning in the park & chucked that up soon after getting home.

I'm of the age & health conditions to be fodder for coronavirus & his only carer so isolation is the way for us.

Naturally I'd risk anything if he showed pain, but dogs are so brave & never complain.

He still asks to go to the park or barks at an undesirable dog  that should walk by.

Welcome :) 
Sorry your boy seems to have an upset tum. 
No food for 24 hrs .... & just see how he is . if he is still bright, drinking, barking, asking for walks, etc that's good...and perhaps this evening if there is no more diarrhoea or vomiting he can have a SMALL bit of lean chicken & some boiled rice. 
if he still has diarrhoea/vomits or is lethargic- then at least phone the vets to get professional advice :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey, I just thought I’d mention that vets are starting to offer phone/video consults for when they don’t need to see your pet in person.

One vet who has done this for a while is Your Vet Online, but you might find with COVID-19 that your usual vet is starting it too.

My own vet just instituted a policy where you call them from your car, they take your pet, do the consult, and call you to discuss before returning your pet. Payments are done over the phone or by email, and there’s also drive-by medication collection or they can post meds to you.

So do call your vet if you’re ever worried. I’m sure they can sort something out that keeps you safe and your dog well.

• Like 4

I didnt know about the online vet.. thats really good to know of.

I'm so proud of my boy. The past 2 days he's eaten a bowl of chicken & rice  yet  not swallowed one grain of that rice.

I couldnt do that even  with a spoon & fork.

Today's happiness is.............. watching my boy pass a stool.

Its so good to know he's over  whatever it was.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 27/03/2020 at 1:59 PM, Annie's carer said:

I didnt know about the online vet.. thats really good to know of.

I'm so proud of my boy. The past 2 days he's eaten a bowl of chicken & rice  yet  not swallowed one grain of that rice.

I couldnt do that even  with a spoon & fork.

Today's happiness is.............. watching my boy pass a stool.

Its so good to know he's over  whatever it was.

Nice!!!!    On both counts.  

Doesn't take much to make us dog owners happy.    Hope his tummy is settling down now.

And just for future reference … mashed pumpkin seems to work well in settling down digestive upsets resulting in loose stools  .. otherwise well dog.