91yo mauled to death by 3 dogs - Jervis Bay

j

While I'm sad for the owner, I'm more devastated for the people who got attacked and the lady who was killed.  On one news story they interviewed (on camera) a neighbour/local lady who said they were often running around loose, and had attacked an elderly lady before.  :(

1 hour ago, Animal House said:

While I'm sad for the owner, I'm more devastated for the people who got attacked and the lady who was killed.  On one news story they interviewed (on camera) a neighbour/local lady who said they were often running around loose, and had attacked an elderly lady before.  :(

That goes without saying, but I was responding to the video that LG had posted.  

And if they have escaped and attacked before, my sympathies for the owner are somewhat tempered.    (This may have come out in the video LG posted, but I only read the article, I didn’t listen to the man, because I can’t hear.)  

Edited by Loving my Oldies
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Little Gifts said:

I just want to add I hadn't heard that the dogs had been an issue before, running loose and attacking another person, when I posted the earlier link. Adds a different twist to things. 

I don't know if it's an updated news article now, but the video in that link included a neighbour saying they had roamed and attacked before and the reporter also mentions that neighbours had previously reported the dogs.

Very sad for all involved.

Councils are useless . How many times do we hear that the dogs had been reported before . 

I rang my council about an aggressive Rottie that lives in my street , it lunged at me as I went to get the mail , I didn’t see it coming as there is a tree blocking my view that way . It barely missed me . I have seen it lunge at other people who have jumped into the road to avoid it . The young teen who walks it can hardly hold it . 

Council told me it had to actually bite me before they could do anything! 

Edited by juice
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, j said:

I don't know if it's an updated news article now, but the video in that link included a neighbour saying they had roamed and attacked before and the reporter also mentions that neighbours had previously reported the dogs.

Very sad for all involved.

Thank you j. I confess I read the entire article but didn't watch all of the video as I found it too sad. My bad. 

trouble is dogs are not fur kids, they have pack attack instincts that kick in when in numbers. one can be fine but the change when a pack is major. love my dogs but know to make sure they cannot roam....EVER

come to think of it some kids, human kids are just as capable of horrific acts... dont think I need to remind u of the specifics, so calling them fur kids isn't always referring to the warm and fuzzies

as for the aggressive when you just walking or getting your mail as someone said.. accident/POSSIBLE disaster,

waiting to happen. its about time they stopped the no action until your bitten.

Edited by asal

On 31/03/2020 at 1:15 PM, Loving my Oldies said:

So wrong :mad  :mad

its not just dogs, ex told me he would kill me, but that's not considered serious, until he actually does it, why so many have avo's but still terminated.   the targets have no rights to protection from either aggressive humans or in that case dogs

Edited by asal