Dry food on a budget

My son has purchased (against my advice) his first puppy.  She is a staffy x Kelpie so is full of beans.  I feed my dog Royal Canin and Big Dog Barf but his budget doesn't extend that far.  Suggestions for a half decent food at a budget price that he can feed her?

Is he near a Costco? Their brand is made by Taste Of the Wild .

I feed one of mine the salmon and sweet potatoe and she does really well on it. 15kg bag is under $60

If money wasn't an option i would feed Big dog too, i love it, but with 2 largish dogs its out my range too. ( Costco also sell patties made by Big dog and branded as their own which are cheaper).

What is his budget may make it easier to suggest .

bonnie and coprice have changed there ingredients over time and what comes out the other end not worth the budget cost .

Is he planning to feed just dry or is the budget going to cover dry and meat 

• Like 2

he may be able to feed fresh on a small budget if he lives country --I can get meaty bones/chicken necks quite cheaply from our butcher in country town SA It would cost little to feed a dog fresh each week . Add a little puppy kibble (we use supercoat puppy always - with lots of fresh meat/bones for our puppies, and they grow fit & well. ) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, persephone said:

he may be able to feed fresh on a small budget if he lives country --I can get meaty bones/chicken necks quite cheaply from our butcher in country town SA It would cost little to feed a dog fresh each week . Add a little puppy kibble (we use supercoat puppy always - with lots of fresh meat/bones for our puppies, and they grow fit & well. ) 

Chicken carcasses, thigh bones, and the like are really cheap... my dogs pretty much live on them here in Sydney. 10 bucks for 10 kilos... sometimes even less...

T.

• Like 1

He has been feeding her Supercoat.  I just wasn't sure if there was something better around the same price.  He is only 19 and on second year apprentice wages.  I thought I had talked him out of getting a dog but guess that didn't work.  She is a younger more active version of our old girl Sari (but Sari is missing the Kelpie part).  Same colouring and patches.  She will probably just have dry with occasional bones and meat.