Transport help

There’s a puppy available in Adelaide?!! lol joking. I’ve been trying to find a suitable pup or dog for months and months and this virus thing has all but cut off interstate options. 

Dog movers runs a road transport out of Adelaide to Melbourne on Sundays I think? I don’t know how their operations are impacted by the virus but might be worth call or a look around their website

Also if info is correct, there is one flight out of Adelaide to Melbourne on sat afternoon. Might be worth a call to the airline &  or a pet carrier service to see if there any chance. 

ok Jetstar and virgin are flying Adelaide to Melbourne but only virgin carry pets I think. They have flights looks like Wednesday Friday Monday but not on the weekend. 

it would be worth finding out what the status of pet freight is atm. 

Edited by Scratch

17 hours ago, Rascalmyshadow said:

Puppy is actually in Broken Hill but the breeder had a way to get her to Adelaide on Sat if we could arrange transport from there.

I have however managed to get a flight on Friday from Broken Hill to Sydney then Sydney to Melb!!!

Have they guaranteed those flights because they last info was bookings where only being taken 24 hrs before flight & no guarantee especially with rural .
I would want a solid back up plan

Qantas is taking booking a few days in advance. The flight has been changed to Monday because the airline over booked.

The breeder is being quite flexible with any changes and if she gets stuck at Sydney for any reason the company can board her until the next available flight.

2 hours ago, Rascalmyshadow said:

Qantas is taking booking a few days in advance. The flight has been changed to Monday because the airline over booked.

The breeder is being quite flexible with any changes and if she gets stuck at Sydney for any reason the company can board her until the next available flight.

Doubt overbooked there bumping pets of for freight so this could be an ongoing issue .

Most of the pet transport companies are doing road travel to fill the void especially Melb /Adelaide or Melb/Sydney ,be a massive trip for a little one which ever way it gets to you

No company I’ve spoke to will road travel through broken hill and the expense of road travel even from Adelaide to Melb is ridiculous.

All the transport costs have close to doubled, they’re sure making their money.

Yes it will be a big trip but I guess pups are flown overseas regularly and then quarantined, so that’s even bigger.

2 hours ago, Rascalmyshadow said:

No company I’ve spoke to will road travel through broken hill and the expense of road travel even from Adelaide to Melb is ridiculous.

All the transport costs have close to doubled, they’re sure making their money.

Yes it will be a big trip but I guess pups are flown overseas regularly and then quarantined, so that’s even bigger.

Actually not true people are just realising how cheap Virgin was and now get to pay the Qantas rates .

Qantas raised there prices 4 years ago as accompanied so there freight rate is worse .

I paid $175 each for my 32 kg as accompanied on Virgin ,it was $300 each way Qantas 4 yrs ago .

the last time I flew Qantas with the 3 dogs I got the old rates so $700 each what for the 3 .

A connecting flight usually costs more than a straight flight .

Mind you if using dog trainers or jet pets you will be paying a fortune 

I’m not using Dogtainers or Jetpets although I have used them in the past, they wouldn’t fly the pup from a regional airport.

I am paying $420 for both flights with a 3 1/2 hour comfort stop between (I am hoping the puppy will be ok) by road if I could get the dog to Adelaide first (which I couldn’t) was going to be anything from $530-$890.

The last time we used road transport for a dog (much bigger) was no where near that price.

Edited by Rascalmyshadow
  • Like 1

This post was on my news feed @Rascalmyshadow so may be an alternative:

I just wanted to say Thankyou so much to animal ark, we are in wa and had a massive mission to try get our pup over here with everything going wrong and animal ark were more then accommodating so helpful and such good pricing, I couldn’t be happier and I could not be more grateful, Thankyou