Itchy Smelly Staffy Pup

On 12/05/2020 at 10:08 AM, Rebanne said:

where is Kane getting his calcium from?

Sorry I didnt answer you sooner....Thats an interesting question, the SPD roll says it is a complete diet but doesnt give any detail on the amount of calcium in it, their website says "Calcium/Phosphorus ratio 1:0.7" and also "Salmon in this product contains a rich natural source of natural glucosamine, chondroitin and calcium to assist dogs with joint, oral and bone support."

So I hope that this is meeting his nutritional needs? Is there a reason you ask? can you offer any insight?

• 1 month later...

We have progressed and added turkey to his diet these last few weeks. No reaction. In fact his skin looks the best it ever has. Not much longer and we will challenge with chicken again. 
the vet very calmly told me that he will get flare ups and probably seasonal allergies but we will need to see how he goes over the next 12 months. 
so far I am very happy with his progress and totally prepared for a life of managing his skin issues.

he is very worth it :)

• Like 3

Thanks for commenting on my thread. Would only suggest you do the same, and try to keep a log of flare ups and what has changed prior to that. If you've been somewhere different, exposed to something, eaten something etc. 

I haven't been that thorough with mine, but I probably should. 

I'm also in QLD but up the other end. With weather and season on the change you may find things settle for 6 months until the heat, humidity, rain and rain arrives.. and then all the vegetation that grows and flowers following that!