Upper Motor Neurone Disease - Tamar update

Thank you everyone.  I’m a bit numb - at the beginning of this year, I had five little dogs and I now have only two:  Mezza and Sooty, but elderly and health compromised.  I have to go back about twenty years to when I last had only two dogs and Gussy cat.   The house seems very empty, but Mezza and Sooty are getting a lot more attention.  I keep thinking I have something to do and then I realise I don’t have to check that Tamar is okay.   

A few photos from happier and healthier times which I love so much:

Danny and Tamar:

50369045698_ae699734a6_z.jpgDanny and Tamar by Cynthia Waters, on Flickr

Tamar, Danny, Jeune and Rover

50369041658_48c488a3da_z.jpg2008 Danny Tamar Jeune Rover by Cynthia Waters, on Flickr

Danny and Tamar:

50369901697_68aca70e1e_z.jpgDanny and Tamar 2 by Cynthia Waters, on Flickr

• Like 5

The crew are all back together now... snoozing in the shade between chasing bunnies and frolicking in the sunshine... waiting for the time you come to join them and cross that beautiful bridge together.

I remember each of those pictured above with love and smiles... I hope you are doing the same... they wouldn't want you to be sad.

Hugs,

T.

Edited by tdierikx
  • Like 4

So very sorry. Rest in peace little Tamar.

Such beautiful photos of happy times which with time you will remember the most.

All of us who have had to say goodbye to our precious ones can feel the heartache experienced. I'm glad you have two little ones that will fill your days. They will feel it too.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

An extraordinary thing happened the other day.  I’ve been really sick and hadn’t ventured out of the house since Tamar died.  Despite the veterinary hospital advising me that her ashes were there to be collected, I was too sick to go out.  Anyway, I finally managed to get there earlier this week and when I drove out of the car park, I was behind a big truck with TAMEX across the back.  Why is this extraordinary?  Because after I picked up Tamar from Canterbury pound over 16 years ago, I was driving behind a truck with TAMIX painted across the back doors.  And that is how Tamar was named.  I was playing around with it on my head, Tamix didn’t quite cut it and then Tamar popped into my head.  Even the following day when we “discovered” that the little boy I’d collected was, in fact, a little girl, the name still fitted.  

• Like 5