Dog Burn

So my dog was burned by some hot water a few weeks ago and I just now realised there’s this like red bump on his back where it was burnt, he doesn’t feel it when we touch it but like it’s looks rly red. How do I treat it at home without a vet

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hi :)

How did you treat the burn originally ?

This might be a bit of scar tissue...or it could be something completely unrelated to being burned. A vet is the only person who can tell that _ they are the ones with experience and knowledge :)

• Like 2

You need to go to the vet. If they are doing the covid social distancing thing you'll just need to be ok to hand your dog to them for his own good. 

I'm not going to give you any guesses to google (none of us are vets), home remedies for self diagnosis is too risky and can backfire. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, persephone said:

Hi :)

How did you treat the burn originally ?

This might be a bit of scar tissue...or it could be something completely unrelated to being burned. A vet is the only person who can tell that _ they are the ones with experience and knowledge :)

When he was first burnt I JISY put ice on the area

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, juice said:

Really , he got burnt and you didn’t take him to a vet ! Take him now . 

Yes! 
I bet if it was them or one of their kids they’d be off to the doctor or at least the chemist, for some pain relief and treatment in a flash. 
but the pets just gotta suck it up for some reason. :banghead:

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, juice said:

Really , he got burnt and you didn’t take him to a vet ! Take him now . 

Legit he didn’t show any signs of burning when he was burnt he yelped for like 5 seconds then was fine so I obviously didn’t think much of it, I get burnt all the time and don’t even need to go to the doctor it wasn’t a serious burn I even looked for it and couldn’t find anytjing

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Dog's don't demonstrate pain the way people do :) under the hardened numb skin is likely an infection growing - get him into the vet now to save yourself a giant vet bill in a couple of weeks. You don't want the chronic infections and the behavioural changes that will follow.

• Like 4