Bye, BRUCE the sheep :(

persephone

Yesterday Bruce was sent to where big old good sheep go when their lives on earth finish .When they are finished bashing bushes, teaching sheepdog pups, checking rain gauges, yelling for two good meals a day , scaring visitors with their sheer bulk , and generally being good, quiet ,solid company . 
He was well into his teens , and had arthritis in his legs  :( With the colder weather he was noticeably uncomfortable , so a decision was made. 
Bruce came to us many years ago as a young adult from the family whose little daughter rescued him ..a scrawny Xbred dehydrated lamb . he grew...and greww- his Border Leicester blood giving him a HUGE frame and a head that could knock over small trees! 
being young and bored, he took to knocking over humans , eating roses, and chasing dogs ...so it was either a BBQ , or a home in the country! 
Upon arrival here, he needed an attitude adjustment , and once that was achieved, and he was given a goat to headbutt, he was never much of a problem, although he was always very assertive, could hear a food bag opening at 100 metres, and could smell weetbix through a brick wall!! 
he weighed just over 100kg we think ...and shearing was always a bit of a 'do' because of his size! 
He never ever learned that if he kept quiet , the pups wouldn't mob him , and he'd always run to me to be saved  as he got older and unable to look after himself. 
My garden can now grow uninterrupted , the pear tree can bear fruit on drooping branches , and I will miss his presence so very much  :cry: 

96711725_10157521235799007_3501570339735863296_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_oc=AQl0E1MqmDy2K6hQP-qh4B7Ef7CYVk7vXrLByQ-Xcat_yAhD-AVtB2ek8-3rAnDRUMvg0ebSyC2RKdbudgVfzP-o&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=2f6e84c3083a65678fc3f6f97fa2a78c&oe=5EDEE97D

• Sad 7

As one who knows the love of a good sheep, I'm so sorry to hear of Bruce's passing @persephone...

He fell on all fours when he found your place to settle his bones... sounds like he lived every day of all those years well.

Vale brave and handsome Bruce... you will be sorely missed.

Love and hugs to you @persephone...

T.

• Thanks 1

What a marvelous sheep you were Bruce, what a legend to all who knew you.

have fun in your new place, butting random stuff and where the pear trees have droopy branches full of yummy pears for you to scoff

B xx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh Pers I am so very sorry that Bruce has journeyed on without you. I am certain that he is waiting for you in an orchid full of grass and fruiting trees, and that he is sharing it with dogs and goats who have passed through your life. And I imagine the odd pig or two. Until you both meet again, may your memories of him and his antics bring you laughter and joy. RIP Bruce.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1