Puppies with heart murmurs

Hi, just wanting other people’s experiences with dogs with heart murmurs. My pup is 15 weeks old & she has a grade 2/3 heart murmur. The vet has said her gums are good colour & she’s gaining weight really well. Just wanting to see what other people have experienced with heart murmurs. 
thanks. 

has she been wormed regulary?

some have murmers when they have worms and its gone once they are dealt with.

good luck.

my brother was told one of his pups was so bad at 6 weeks the vet wasn't even going to bother vaccinating him.

he also had over fast heart.  Brother told him vaccinate him anyway , will keep him as a pet.

he ruled the place for the next 8 years and only lost him when he knocked the kitchen tidy over during the night and helped himself to some cutlet bones and one perforated his bowel , so he lost him to peritonitis instead of his heart anyway.   tough lesson to make sure they cant knock the bin over.

one of mine developed a murmur at 4 months and died in her sleep at 4 so life is a lottery, as much for our pets as it is for us.

One of the reasons I queried the push to force us to "life guarantee" our puppies, when we cant even do that for our own children?

Many of us oldies are beginning to wonder is it becoming only those who cant think for themselves should be ANKC members ?

Because if you question the ones so busy pushing these agenda's, you will be targeted as a puppy farmer, In which case you will be targeted.

The pressure is to  keep your head down and dont question or disagree with their interpretation of ethical and responsible.  Even when it is not based on reality. let alone expected of anyone else?

Really cracked me up that the rspca HAVE always sold "adopted out" their dogs with no guarantees and defended their "RSPCA APPROVED" puppy farmer when the press asked their opinion of her selling a patella affected puppy. Telling the reporter 

"RSPCA says DVK is compliant

RSPCA Queensland solicitor and prosecutions officer Tracey Jackson confirmed they had recently investigated DVK over concerns raised by the public.

Ms Jackson said inspectors had found no evidence of offences under the Animal Care and Protection Act, or the RSPCA's Breeder's Standards.

"Advice and education was provided to the owner of the facility and she immediately implemented measures to ensure ongoing compliance with the standards," Ms Jackson said.

"This included ensuring veterinary checks of her animals to identify any of these heritable conditions, even if they were not obvious, prior to using them for breeding."

Ms Howlett says she doesn't claim to offer guarantees.(ABC News: Stephanie Zillman)

Ms Jackson said it was extremely difficult for breeders to be able to tell if a dog necessarily had a "heritable condition", which included hip and elbow dysplasia, heart murmurs and luxating patellae.

"What is difficult for people to understand is that while the Breeder's Standards prohibit breeders using dogs with these conditions for breeding, they do not prohibit the sale of puppies that have these conditions – or that ultimately exhibit these conditions," Ms Jackson said.

"This is primarily because these conditions are not usually obvious or easily detectable or diagnosable at a young age."

The RSPCA encouraged people who were purchasing puppies to do their research about the breed, speak to their vet, and speak with breeders before making decisions about their purchases.

"There are no lifetime guarantees with puppies, and even puppies bred by breeders in full compliance with the laws, could end up with some of these conditions, or other health issues," Ms Jackson said."

just spotted on facebook, pity this isnt more in use

Edited by asal

9 minutes ago, NatashaFlood said:

Thank you! She has been wormed regularly but not 100% sure if it was a heart wormer as well I might see if I can get a heart wormer for her to see if that helps. 

Ivomec is for heart worms, but they take months to develop after being injected by a mozzie... so she is  way too young to have heartworm.

puppy worms for some reason can affect them , cant remember how the vet explained it.

• Like 1