Delete

How long is a “short” walk ? 

Living in an apartment it might need a bit more exercise than that unless they get an elderly dog ? 

Most small breeds are pretty busy dogs . 

• Like 2

2 breeds come to my mind are Iggy and Crestie. No breed will tick all the boxes so they need to put their most important wants at the top of the list and be prepared to compromise on some lesser wants. I’d add wire coated Griffon but of course they’re brachy 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Scratch said:

2 breeds come to my mind are Iggy and Crestie. No breed will tick all the boxes so they need to put their most important wants at the top of the list and be prepared to compromise on some lesser wants. I’d add wire coated Griffon but of course they’re brachy 

Waiting for them to get back to me, but I get the distinct impression their current main wants are:

Under 10kg so the apartment lets them keep the dog

Available to purchase now

Adult

and the allergies are an afterthought :laugh:

22 minutes ago, stellnme said:

How long would the dog be alone in the apartment every day?

Not very long as my sister and partner work different hours. 

Got to exercise details: they live across from a park and said exercise would be 30 mins+ evening walk but also outings throughout the day as her partner is home during the day. 

they’re okay for mature dogs (4-5 years) but nothing that’s too old or has health complications that prevent daily walkies and weekend wanderings 

They need a mentally well version of Malcolm. :laugh:

- he has go go go as well as chill factor: up for runs/adventures (when younger) and loves his doona days. He would take whatever you gave. 8km run? He was there! Week spent in bed? Right on it!

- loves warm weather, zero qualms with heat.

- I react to some dogs despite not being allergic (tested!), but I don’t react to him. I think it’s mostly people who have big shedding dogs but don’t vacuum enough or air the house so there’s a huge dust mite burden, and/or the dog stinks either because they’re never washed or they’re washed or spritzed with perfumed products.

Edited by Papillon Kisses
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rozzie said:

My daughter and family adopted a dog through SEQ K9 rescue Inc. They worked well with her to ensure the right fit for them all. Jax is now living his best life. 

Thanks Rozzie, I'll send this rescue name through to them!

• Like 1