"Woofin Good" dog food

Has anybody here tried the "Woofin Good" range of dog food Coles recently started selling?

https://www.coles.com.au/about-coles/exclusive-brands/woofin-good

Interestingly it's made in Italy, ingredients sounded good so I tried a couple of cans with my 5 y/o American Bulldog.   

Out of the can it looks and smells good and my dog likes it but she seems to be pooing more frequently and very soft stools. 

Without even looking at the ingredients I would NEVER feed my dogs a food that had been brought in from overseas.  Too many food miles for me.  With so many Australian made & Australian Produce on sale here in Oz...why buy a dog food made in Italy.  I much prefer to support Australian Farmers & Australian Manufacturers

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sheena said:

Without even looking at the ingredients I would NEVER feed my dogs a food that had been brought in from overseas.  Too many food miles for me.  With so many Australian made & Australian Produce on sale here in Oz...why buy a dog food made in Italy.  I much prefer to support Australian Farmers & Australian Manufacturers

I agree with this comment. And please support Australia. If we can produce it here, buy it from here !!!

Since Italy generally puts out good food I thought I'd try it while my usual purchase, Farmers Market grain free, was temporarily out of stock.

Have tossed out the last can of the stuff (I only bought three).

Thanks for all your comments :) 

• Like 2

Remember the buffalo mozzarella cheese scandal around 2008-2012?

here     and here

and then there is the 2019 olive oil scandal Authorities bust criminal ring dealing in ‘yellow gold’ aka fake olive oil

and the tomatoes  Are your tinned tomatoes picked by slave labour?

just because it's yummy doesn't mean it's ethical

pffft to canned Italian food and the mafia

Edited by Boronia
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

My dog vomited after eating Woofin' Good, Joint Care. She likes it and I assumed she vomited for another reason, but she vomited again. There are rumors that it is Italian made (but they also sell kangaroo products). Are we being deceived? If so, it should be official investigated. Maybe another supermarket scandal (?). The packet's front says no preservatives and yet preservative is listed on the back.