time between collections

BoldNFearless

how long after a collection can you collect again for semen testing? 
i collected a dog at home to check semen cloudyness at home after a clear vet collection. 

what i collected was cloudy so now wish to take him back to be tested ... how long would you wait ... im not collecting to use or freeze just to check fertility

You really need to seek the advice of a repro vet who can actually tell you what is in the collection not just colour .Is there any viable sperm,is it broken ,slow etc .
As to checking that again can vary ,on a dog we tried to collect from last year we where told to wait 3 months before attempting to do so again due to sperm quality & this was with a repro vet that checked the sperm .

Another dog who we used tablets on we had a sperm check done 8 weeks ago ,he was placed on tablets & checked last week.his sperm had improved greatly .
He was used over 2 girls AI matings & the quality improved each insemination

Edited by Dogsfevr

thanks for the messages i am taking him to be checked i just wanted to know after i had collected him what the best time to wait was before i collected him as i found mixed answers online on when i need to book him in .. some said u can collect a dog daily while others says weeks to months wait between