My next Pup

NikkiandKane

Update 24th August:
the very first breeder I enquired with has offered me a pup. He was assessed yesterday to be of show quality and already 6 weeks old! I have had my eye on this puppy since the day he was born and now, by some twist of fate, he is mine and coming to live with me in just 2 weeks!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone,

just an update.

i have found a wonderful breeder I really get along well, whose dogs and whole breeding program I adore. I have been chatting to her for a while and she is happy to let me have one of her pups.

she has a bitch who went through AI 3 weeks ago and we are waiting one more week

to confirm this pregnancy, fingers crossed there will be a pup for me inside of her gorgeous Mummy dog. If she is pregnant the pups are due the day after my birthday and would come home mid November.

in the meantime we are doing lots of work in our yard. We have two huge areas which are free of tasty pebbles now and a safe place a pup could be outside and I could have peace of mind (even though I’m sure most pups don’t eat rocks obsessively).

so there’s a real frisson of excitement and each week that passes I am more able to smile about my beautiful Kane and not cry.

hope you are all well xx

Edited by NikkiandKane
Update
  • Like 13

On 08/08/2020 at 5:24 PM, persephone said:

Oh, Nikki  :) I hope you have also whispered in Scout's ear  :love:  that things may be happening  :)  Keep smiling. :hug: 

Scout would love a new little brother. My Daughter brings her small breed puppy over to visit and Scout is oh so gentle and sweet but she just wants to play and be rough sometimes!!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately the AI was not successful, so I will be waiting for a puppy still. Very disappointed but I am sure not as much as the breeder, such a shame for her after all the expense. So I will just keep swimming.....

Waiting for a new baby to love.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2