Jaison420

Advice beeded

26 posts in this topic

Jaison - unfortunately i must say your idea will not be successful, please listen to the people here - we've mostly got many years of experience of handling many many dogs.

You need to look after the dog with the skin problem properly, that can cause aggravation if it's not fixed and you haven't been willing to fix so far - it just won't happen.

Testosterone takes 2 months to leave their system ....

• Like 2

JRG   

Jason-  you have a very tricky situation there and, after 43 years in the dog world, I can tell you that the current set up will end in tears.

Over the years I have had dogs that just do not get on, and try as I might, I have yet to find a solution except total separation.  Even then, there is always the chance that someone will unknowingly let the culprits out together and, before you know it, the fight is ON!

Nowadays, if I see such a situation developing I do not hesitate to send one of the perpetrators to a different home.

I used to think like you are doing, that I was letting the dog down.  Not so, life in lock down with your worst enemy within earshot is infinitely worse.

I am sure you are man enough to let your dog go.  If not, for the sake of your wife and daughter, let both dogs go  and agree to start again when your little girl is old enough to be responsible for a new puppy.

I know this is difficult but I have lost a dog in a dog fight and would not wish that on anyone.

Take  care and put your ego aside for the sake of all your family.

• Like 7

sheena   

Sorry...but if you truely love your dogs, then let one go & put more effort & time into the one you keep.  5 minutes of mental stimulation involving you ie: teaching tricks etc is as tiring for a dog as a 30 minute walk. Please don't get a second dog if you can't already handle the routine of keeping one dog

• Like 4

corrie   
2 hours ago, JRG said:

I used to think like you are doing, that I was letting the dog down.  

Not so, life in lock down with your worst enemy within earshot is infinitely worse.

• Like 1

Rebanne   

I had to rehome a dog once. I had 30 years of experience of owning multiple dogs but after the 3rd vet visit and the most severe injury ( so things were getting worse ) one had to go. Wasn't fair to either bitch to keep them both.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Rebanne said:

I had to rehome a dog once. I had 30 years of experience of owning multiple dogs

Yes, dogs can not be forced to 'get along' , experience or no . 

• Like 2