Jump to content

Let’s talk about poop !


Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Snook said:

That's brilliant news. :) It must be a huge relief to know she's in such good shape, aside from the issues you've mentioned. It must be a hard balance for some vets when it comes to ageing dogs. The vet we've been seeing seems to go to the extreme in the opposite direction of your vet, and wants to test for anything and everything and throw a million medicines and supplements at a dog, just because of their age and regardless of how they're actually going. It's great that your vet will listen to your requests to be more thorough with the check up though and I'm glad that it sounds like you'll get a lot more time with your darling girl. :heart:

Thanks Snook :)  He doesn’t believe in vaccinating old dogs ... he prefers you to just let them be.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Vet rang and her bloods came back really good ! There is nothing that is showing up that’s any real concern ... I’m so relieved. Oh and he said her heart is as strong as an ox ... he said she

Thought I would do an update with Sasha... The gate has been a success ... she has only done 3-4 accidents since I installed it, one was diarrhoea :/ what a mess but at least it wasn’t on the car

Who says you can’t teach an old dog new tricks ! I bought a baby gate with a door connecting the hallway to the lounge but Sasha didn’t want to go through the door at first.. it freaked her out.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Sashas Mum said:

Thanks Snook :)  He doesn’t believe in vaccinating old dogs ... he prefers you to just let them be.

I don't generally believe in vaccinating old dogs either and don't vaccinate Justice any more. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Snook said:

I don't generally believe in vaccinating old dogs either and don't vaccinate Justice any more. 

I agree.  I think I stopped faxing when my dogs were about 10.  And whilst  100% sure I’ll never have another puppy, I would probably be even more circumspect than that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What you are describing may be the beginning of some degeneration of the spine and nerve impingement. My Dalmatian is 13 and is now on Synovan monthly (for the spine), 300mg Gabapentin 4 times a day as required for nerve pain and acupuncture from a qualified human/dog Chiro. Huge improvement after a very acute onset.

Edited by The Spotted Devil
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Spotted Devil said:

What you are describing may be the beginning of some degeneration of the spine and nerve impingement. My Dalmatian is 13 and is now on Synovan monthly (for the spine), 300mg Gabapentin 4 times a day as required for nerve pain and acupuncture from a qualified human/dog Chiro. Huge improvement after a very acute onset.

When we were at the Vet he gave her spine a good going over but he couldn’t find any sore spots.. that’s not to say that it’s a possibility... Just had a read about Synovan as I hadn’t heard of it before... we normally give her Carprofen but will file info that away in case we need It down the track.

Edited by Sashas Mum
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sashas Mum said:

When we were at the Vet he gave her spine a good going over but he couldn’t find any sore spots.. that’s not to say that it’s a possibility... Just had a read about Synovan as I hadn’t heard of it before... we normally give her Carprofen but will file info that away in case we need It down the track.

 

They don't always show they are sore. Did your vet look at the reflexes on her back paws? Synovan is the next development of Carprofen.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2020 at 11:31 AM, The Spotted Devil said:

 

They don't always show they are sore. Did your vet look at the reflexes on her back paws? Synovan is the next development of Carprofen.

Yes he did .. I did have a read up and will definitely give it a try.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sashas Mum said:

Yes he did .. I did have a read up and will definitely give it a try.

If you can repeat the test and post a video I’m happy to have a look. Please tag me. It’s not always obvious unless you have perfectly healthy dogs to compare with 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...