Soft Dog Crates Recommendations

sheena

I have had two K9 Royale soft crates for years & years & they have served me well.  However I promised one of mine to a friend for her rescue dog thinking it was a good excuse to buy myself (well my dog really) a new one.  I have put my order in, but they have told me they wont have them in stock for a long time as they are made overseas.  I always thought they were Australian made, but obviously my mistake.  So can anyone recommend another brand that would be just as good?  I can't be an Indian Giver & ask for the one back.  I need the large size.

2 minutes ago, Boronia said:

I can't recommend any but had a look and there are these, made in Australia, they are not as cheap as Kogan or ebay but look pretty sturdy. The prices are there when you click on the model at the top of the page. http://k9softdogcrates.com.au/crates/caprice

Yes those are the ones I have, but she wont have any more in the large for some time.  I always thought they were made in Oz too, but apparantly they are made overseas :(

1 hour ago, sheena said:

Yes those are the ones I have, but she wont have any more in the large for some time.  I always thought they were made in Oz too, but apparantly they are made overseas :(

A bit of an ambiguous ad as the first sentence says: Here at K9+ Soft Dog Crates we have been designing and selling crates directly to dog owners since 2006 to provide what we believe to be the best value in Australia.

They don't say they make them but that sentence does give you that impression :scold:

3 hours ago, Tassie said:

@sheena   These ones are not as good as K9Royale .. but not too bad.  I''ve bought things from these people before and they've been good..     https://www.pethomes.com.au/Dog-Products/Dog-Soft-Kennel/Dog-Soft-Kennel-BLUE.html

They look very similar with the drop down sides.  I will make enquiries.  I am also looking at the ones that K9 Pro have, though I don't think their ones have drop down flaps on the sides

Yes they are similar 

16 hours ago, sheena said:

They look very similar with the drop down sides.  I will make enquiries.  I am also looking at the ones that K9 Pro have, though I don't think their ones have drop down flaps on the sides

Yes they are similar .. and do have covers for windows .. I think maybe they don't have a window at the back, and they're not quite as solid as the K9Royale. but the next best thing I think.    I have one .. pretty sure from this supplier.   Just had a look at K9Pro .. only seems to be one, and no covers on the mesh .. I have one of hthose too.  I may be slightly addicted  :rofl:.

7 minutes ago, hollee said:

VEBO pet supplies have soft crates in all sizes.

I bought puppy pens from them that were really good quality and well priced.

They supply to Police force etc and are very reputable, also offer free postage.

Thanks hollee, I ended up getting this one but I bought from K9 Pro, the same one.  Yes, I looked at those ones Tassie but they wanted $45 postage.  I would have preferred one with pull down shutters, but oh well...I have another crate cover I can put over it if I need to.  Thanks everyone

• Like 2