Undiagnosed limp

sandgrubber

Bonza (Labrador) has been limping on her right front leg. She be 11 in a few months. Her elbow scores were excellent.  I can't find a sensitive place, so I took her to the vet. The vet couldn't find anything either, and prescribed nupentin and carpreve (and weight loss... which I'm working on). These don't seem to be doing anything. 
I'm fairly new to the area and I'm not sure I trust my vet.  I think I'll rest her for a week or two and if that doesn't help, go in for further diagnostics (X-rays, probably).  

Worried that it might be osteosarcoma... but she doesn't seem to be in that much pain and there's no swelling. 

Any ideas? 

Edited by sandgrubber
  • Sad 1

Yes, Dr Jaime Jackson at Primal Paws. Jumabaar on DOL. She’s Malcolm’s rehab/prehab vet and has been able to make diagnoses and prescribe treatment plans (exercises, massage, better pain relief protocols), when our regular can’t work out what exactly is wrong or what to do besides rest and pain relief, or when I go ‘something’s not quite right’ but can’t pinpoint it. She’s amazing and we love her. :worship: :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My only experience with osteosarcoma was in a Greyhound and he was intermittently lame for about 3 weeks before I got him x-rayed. He was vet checked with nothing found at the beginning. Pain was more a problem from about 10 days after diagnosis. Not so much in the beginning

• Thanks 1