Flea/tick products

Kazm

I’m just wondering what everyone’s opinions on flea and tick treatments are. I’ve used Nexgard for ages on Molly now but I’ve just finished grooming her and found a flea. ( no wonder she was scratching a bit through the night) She is only part way through the month too so I was quite surprised. I have heard though that fleas can become immune to one product and that it is a good idea to change occasionally. What product is a good one? So many out there to choose from but I do specifically need flea and tick as we do go bush camping plus we have actually had the occasional tick right here in our own backyard. 

Nexgard isn't a repellant.  From their website:  NexGard and NexGard SPECTRA kill fleas by over-stimulating their nervous system, which results in uncontrolled activity of their nervous system and death. This occurs within 6-8 hours of product administration.

• Thanks 1

be careful of bravecto, a vet recommeded it to my friend and two puppies died 4 had neurological damage symptoms, two recovered, they were cattledogs, think the symptoms presented second time it was used.

the vet believed it was caused by the bravecto, as others had similar reaction

• Sad 1