Little Chase isn’t feeling well

I am pleased to read the update - was thinking about you (well, Chase actually :P ) Great that bloods were OK..and it's good that there WAS something abnormal found !  An inflamed muscle like that could well be the culprit- here's hoping the good drug helps heaps :)

We need a cute "Chase snoozing" pic, I think  :love: 

• Like 1

The medication helped immensely, so much so he’s gone wild and is hard to keep still. There’s only so much crate time a frustrated puppy can tolerate!!

his medication is wearing off now and we just had our first Yelp since yesterday.

here come some pics

47DC4829-1068-4583-A479-E49166AACE5A.jpeg

• Like 3

Such a handsome little man... and Scout is gorgeous in her own right too!

Just remember that in a couple of weeks he'll be teething... make sure he has plenty of things he's allowed to chew ready to go, OK?

So glad to hear that the meds are working. He'll be back to his old silly self soon enough...

T.

1 hour ago, tdierikx said:

Just remember that in a couple of weeks he'll be teething... make sure he has plenty of things he's allowed to chew ready to go, OK?

Yeah, we have heaps, he is a big chewer already. Right now he’s chewing a kong. 
we have already moved our outdoor setting under our carport because he was eating it!!! It was in the “safe” outdoor space so it had to move

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Snook said:

Chase is so very cute and is going to be such a handsome dog. Scout is just beautiful too. What a good looking pair of doggos you have. :heart:

Thanks, I think they are pretty darn gorgeous. Scout is such a lovely girl and Chase looks headed towards being a sweet and balanced adult dog. He loves everyone and he’s not even dog obsessed, he can say hi to another dog or just ignore them happily :love:

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, and the pics.   Scout and Chase are both absolutely lovely.   And good luck with keeping him a little bit calm.  Don;t know if you have any, but my favourite go to for stiffed frozen, are WestPaws Toppls.   They wash and freeze really well, and the smaller size fits on top of and just inside the larger size .. and they have sort of vanes that you can tuck small bits into.   My BCs find them much more attractive and easy to get at than the Kongs.

https://k9pro.com.au/toppl-by-west-paw/

• Like 2

21 hours ago, persephone said:

How he's grown!! Such a good-looking lad :):) Thanks for the new photos - lovely to see him thriving . Did the vet send any meds home, or was it just one injection? 

They sent home loxicom which he has once a day. She said to give it  for 4 days and then have a trial day without giving it to see whether we need to continue. Ever since he started it he has been his old self completely!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Tassie said:

Thanks for the update, and the pics.   Scout and Chase are both absolutely lovely.   And good luck with keeping him a little bit calm.  Don;t know if you have any, but my favourite go to for stiffed frozen, are WestPaws Toppls.   They wash and freeze really well, and the smaller size fits on top of and just inside the larger size .. and they have sort of vanes that you can tuck small bits into.   My BCs find them much more attractive and easy to get at than the Kongs.

https://k9pro.com.au/toppl-by-west-paw/

Thanks I’ll check it out. He’s actually trying to eat his lickimat and I got the “tough” version. I ended up giving him a fallow strap to chew and I just watch to make sure he’s not being too vigorous with it

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, NikkiandKane said:

They sent home loxicom which he has once a day. She said to give it  for 4 days and then have a trial day without giving it to see whether we need to continue. Ever since he started it he has been his old self completely!

You could also gently massage the affected area to ease out any knots he has there...

T.

• Like 3

On 19/10/2020 at 1:56 PM, NikkiandKane said:

Thanks I’ll check it out. He’s actually trying to eat his lickimat and I got the “tough” version. I ended up giving him a fallow strap to chew and I just watch to make sure he’s not being too vigorous with it

Teehee -- you reminded me that my Pippa as a youngster did chew bits off a lickimat/  Her Toppls have survived with no damage --- so far :laugh:

• Haha 1