Protection Against stray and off leash dogs?

Lolly002

coincidentally this just came up in my fb feed. I haven’t had time to watch it yet so don’t know how useful or not, use your own judgement. I looks like it might be more about walking an aggressive dog but some techniques may transfer. 

Edited by Diva
  • Like 2

Perhaps start a dog walking group where you could walk in a group with other people and their dogs;explore safer areas to go.

You and your dog need support to gain confidence again.

A few years ago where I lived there was a Beagle walking group that I often encountered on my walks;was nice to see the lovely group of friendly dogs                    .I adore Beagles.

Unfortunately some of the owners were not so nice;pointing and laughing at my "funny looking crossbreed". I refrained from asking if I could join their walk.

Yes terrible, our mini collie nearly bled to death after being mauled by two staffies. Both our dogs have been bitten multiple times in dog parks. I complained to council, the Victorian state dangerous dog register - nothing ever happened. And you can't control rude crazy humans bringing untrained vicious dogs into public spaces sadly.

Now we all avoid dog parks as it only takes one crazy person to bring their a single vicious dog into an enclosed space (Council Dog Park) and all hell breaks loose...kids are traumatised,dogs injured, adults all screaming at one another...suburban peace ruined:-(

We have 6 dog parks within 20 mins drive here and 2 very active Collies...no chance we will take them into one again.We just have to go very early in the morning or late at night and let them run about in an open space with either no other dogs or the dogs of our carefully selected friends.