Puppies first show tomorrow

My puppy is entered in his first show tomorrow. I’m super nervous and expect it to be embarrassing haha.

he is 15 weeks old today. The show doesn’t start until 5pm, so any last minute pointers??? I can use all the help

you can offer.. I’ve never done this before :eek:

366EEEDE-6249-4138-95FC-5C00BC751E08.jpeg

• Like 3

Wishing you good luck and good fun.

is it the Dogs Qld show.? If so, there are five Airedale’s in your Group before the American Staffordshire Terriers. My girl was always early in her group - often the first breed - so I know how much it helps if you can arrive early and have everything set up in plenty of time.

Have you downloaded the catalogue? 

• Like 3

Tell the steward its your first show & that you are a true novice .
Make sure your read the QLD paw prints & the covid show info for Qld regarding how many from a house hold can go & any requirements .
You will be required to mouth your own dog

• Like 3

what fun for you :)

there will be two Westies there as well as two Dandies...one of which is probably Gavin :heart:, if you give them a pat just don't pat their top-knots, it takes ages to get them just right :laugh:

If the owner of the Dandies is not busy I am sure she will help with any questions if you tell her it's your first show ever

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DogsAndTheMob said:

Wishing you good luck and good fun.

is it the Dogs Qld show.? If so, there are five Airedale’s in your Group before the American Staffordshire Terriers. My girl was always early in her group - often the first breed - so I know how much it helps if you can arrive early and have everything set up in plenty of time.

Have you downloaded the catalogue? 

Yes it is the dogs QLD show. I’ll be watching those Airedale’s and waiting for our turn. Yes I have downloaded it. Chase is the only baby puppy in his breed!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dogsfevr said:

Tell the steward its your first show & that you are a true novice .
Make sure your read the QLD paw prints & the covid show info for Qld regarding how many from a house hold can go & any requirements .
You will be required to mouth your own dog

Oh gosh, where do I find the paw prints ?

we had to register attendees, my husband and young daughter are registered to attend with me but I didn’t register my older daughter and she really wants to come but I think we missed the boat

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, NikkiandKane said:

Oh gosh, where do I find the paw prints ?

we had to register attendees, my husband and young daughter are registered to attend with me but I didn’t register my older daughter and she really wants to come but I think we missed the boat

maybe this link here NandK  https://www.dogsqueensland.org.au/members/paw-prints-latest-news/

Edited by Boronia
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, NikkiandKane said:

I’m super excited. I know Chase will somehow act up but he’s just 15 weeks so who cares. I just hope he has fun!

This!!!!!    There's almost no limit to the ways baby puppies can act up .. including, behaving absolutely perfectly!!   But it's all about the impression he gets about showing .. you want him to be happy and confident, so you have to pretend to be confident.

Hope you have a really lovely steward and judge who will help to put you and Chase at ease.

Just check if babies of non table breeds are being examined on the table.   I think that's what's happening here under COVID protocols.

• Like 1

On 25/10/2020 at 4:29 AM, Rebanne said:

Is it bad that I keep checking for an update?

I’m so sorry!!! I should’ve come and updated. The heavens opened and it was terrible weather, it rained so hard on our way to the show that we could barely see to drive. 
I was fortunate that the other Amstaff people were very nice and helpful because the judge and steward were not helpful at all. The judge was a crusty old grump who didn’t allow me even a moment to stack Chase he came straight in for a very invasive examination, forcefully grabbing Chase and manipulating his joints and then going straight for his mouth to check his bite, he then told me “you’re supposed to show me his bite but I’ve already done it’ which was annoying because Chase has been so good at showing his mouth for me and he didn’t want to show the judge.

he gaited quite well, I was very proud of that and then that was it.

we waited 2 hours for group and during that time Chase slept in his crate in the back of our open Ute and stayed dry.

I woke him about 10 minutes before group and he was acting crazy!!!

by the time we went on he had settled and he stood very nicely for him, barely moved his feet but we didn’t win, a bull terrier pup won and he looked fabulous so deserved it.

Chase enjoyed himself, even wagging his tail when the judge was rough with him. He has such a sweet happy temperament and it was a nice introduction to showing but would’ve been much nicer without the mud and rain.

we registered today for the next show on the 28th November. So it was a success I guess:champagne:

• Like 6