Puppies first show tomorrow

On 24/10/2020 at 1:06 PM, Tassie said:

Just check if babies of non table breeds are being examined on the table.   I think that's what's happening here under COVID protocols.

I just asked the judge who ignored me, so I asked again and he responded “if you want” then he told me that I didn’t need to put him on the table. Oh well, the judge was about 100 years old and clearly didn’t want to stand there in the rain. Don’t blame him I suppose!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, NikkiandKane said:

I just asked the judge who ignored me, so I asked again and he responded “if you want” then he told me that I didn’t need to put him on the table. Oh well, the judge was about 100 years old and clearly didn’t want to stand there in the rain. Don’t blame him I suppose!

Oh it's a shame you got a grumpy rough judge and a not helpful steward .. but so glad the other competitors in your breed were helpful.   And what a shame about the weather.   And reading your description, it's a tribute to Chase's temperament and your training and handling, that Chase didn't seem to mind too much .. that's a relief, because rough handling by the judge can  really have a big impact on some pups.   I'd be so cross,... there's no excuse for it with baby puppies.   Luckily most of the judges I've seen have been really nice with the youngsters, handling gently.

So glad it hasn't put you or Chase off showing.    We'll look forward to the next episode ...:)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tassie said:

Oh it's a shame you got a grumpy rough judge and a not helpful steward .. but so glad the other competitors in your breed were helpful.   And what a shame about the weather.   And reading your description, it's a tribute to Chase's temperament and your training and handling, that Chase didn't seem to mind too much .. that's a relief, because rough handling by the judge can  really have a big impact on some pups.   I'd be so cross,... there's no excuse for it with baby puppies.   Luckily most of the judges I've seen have been really nice with the youngsters, handling gently.

So glad it hasn't put you or Chase off showing.    We'll look forward to the next episode ...:)

Yes, it was a shame. One of my competitors

commented that she doesn’t show her dogs until they are 7 months old for that reason but thankfully Chase is very easy going and although he was slightly taken aback he didn’t seem too bothered.

I was annoyed because there was no need for it but I am super proud of my little boy and feel very lucky to have a baby with such an amenable temperament.

• Like 4