Jump to content

Why so few puppies for sale and why so expensive?


Rococo
 Share

Recommended Posts

After working with special needs dog rescue for a number of years... my experience was to discuss possibilities of caesarians and other complications with the vet well ahead of time... *grin*

 

T.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, tdierikx said:

Vets can be negotiated with for better pricing if you are a regular and financially responsible client... also microchipping courses are available to anyone, so if you are needing to do it regularly, then it would be beneficial to become a licensed implanter yourself too. Unfortunately, due to the composition of the various vaccines, they do need to be done by a licensed vet, but theoretically you could negotiate a lower cost for doing an entire litter.

 

T.

Try and negotiate when it is midnight and you have a crisis on your hands!

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, tdierikx said:

Unfortunately, due to the composition of the various vaccines, they do need to be done by a licensed vet, but theoretically you could negotiate a lower cost for doing an entire litter.

 

In the US you can buy the C3, C5, C7, etc. and DIY.  When I left it was under $10/jab, and half that if you buy in bulk.  The only problem with DIY is that you don't have certification as required for kennels, etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sandgrubber said:

In the US you can buy the C3, C5, C7, etc. and DIY.  When I left it was under $10/jab, and half that if you buy in bulk.  The only problem with DIY is that you don't have certification as required for kennels, etc. 

 

In Australia you need a vet's prescription to buy those vaccines... a C3 costs around $15 a vial. So technically, you could do it yourself, but as you said, you won't be able to provide certificates as required by transport, kennels, etc...

 

10 hours ago, JRG said:

Try and negotiate when it is midnight and you have a crisis on your hands!

 

Which is why you should be discussing options for complications well before they occur... like during pre-natal checkups...

 

T.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well at the produce store today was a puppies for sale .  mum lab, dad husky x kelpie.. ONLY $1,000 each?

 

half are already sold?   could not believe it but it was so?

 

well same price to buy a buy a main register ankc registered  cattledog pup anyway from some kennels

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...