3 month old peeing all beds

Debraspace

Hi, can anyone tell me why my 3 month old female cavalier comes inside a pees on her crate mattress or couch/bed in the lounge or her playpen mattress they are all different mattresses and different fillings. When she pees outside she is very private, hides in the shrubs and even when playing she will run off in the bush to do her business. When she is in the house it’s like she deliberately pees her mattress not just one but all of them. I am constantly washing mattresses I have tried putting a blanket down in the mattress to soak up the pee and make it easier for washing but she just goes crazy digging the blanket until it’s off, once off she pees. I take her out before she can do it, but soon as she’s back inside yep she’ll pee on it

I believe they can learn substrate preferences very early, they think that is the ‘right’ texture to go on because that’s similar to where they went when they first learnt. Not sure anyone else thinks that or even that it is what is going on with your girl, but I have seen it in my own litters. I would go back to basics on housetraining, as much as possible reduce access to mattresses as she relearns, and reward heavily for going on the surfaces you want her to. 

• Like 4

Agree go back to simple basics .

Puppy pen and building her confidence about toileting .Make her space smaller and less overwhelming and build upwards.

If you feel she’s doing it deliberately then your body language will come across as annoyed and frustrated .

Your pup will be even more frustrated so go back to simple bed.

Some cavies can be shy and that is where building her confidence is a must .

• Like 2