EASTERN EUROPEAN SHEPHERD

Alexandracameronn

Hello, I am desperately searching for anyone that has any information in regards to where I may be able to get an Eastern European shepherd in Australia, or if anyone has had successful exportation and from which country. We are certain that we want this breed we have previously had one but unfortunately she passed away and her parents the mother was baited and killed, and their owner had imported them straight from Russia. We have been looking for anyone with information in regards to this breed in Australia, pls get in contact. 

There was a time shortly after World War Two when the Soviet Government imported a lot of different dog breeds that they felt would be useful and set up state run breeding programs. Often they would get some purebred dogs and breed them with similar local dogs. It allowed faster production (rather than import 2 males and 8 females, import 10 males, mate them to 100 local females, take those pups, shift them so you aren't mating child to grandparent, and you end up with 1000 dogs that are 3/4 GSDs in only 3 dog-generations.) but also feeds into national pride to have a 'home grown' version.
texttospeech.onl
They then selectively bred their best 3/4th GSD dogs (I am sure still crossing in the best pure GSDs) to each-other.
mortgage calculator nc
If it was livestock, once it was bred up so it was 7/8ths pure, they'd call it a purebred and ignore the 1/8th as inconsequential as long as it conformed to type.

But we view dogs differently, so they are a different breed than GSDs rather than a distinct regional/governmental line of GSDs like the Czech and DDR GSDs we got access to after the Berlin Wall fell and the USSR crumbled.

Edited by JudyBrown
  • Like 1