Noosa dog legal battle

Selkie

2 hours ago, Selkie said:

Obviously he shouldn't have been allowed to escape twice after killing a small dog.

Owners have only got themselves to blame. The dog has got out at least 3 times and he has attacked 3 dogs, killing one. PTS is the right answer

• Like 3

Three strikes, definitely out !!

Feel for the dog as once again it shows irresponsible owners. Getting out once and killing a dog is bad enough but still able to escape its yard twice more is just unforgivable. 

• Like 4

agree with the above - some times an animal is simply too dangerous to be in society, and three attacks to me puts this dog in that category.   

From what I read, the owner may not have helped the situation (dog escapes control 3 times - seriously??? why not major precautions after the first attack), but there are also times when a dog is just straight out aggressive and unpredictable.

I do get a little tired of the 'but he/she is so fantastic with my dog/child/cat/whatever'.  How does that minimise/excuse repeated attacks?  Imagine that as a 'defence' for a human - "oh, he/she is great with their family, so please excuse attacks on random people".  I bet that everyone in the district was terrified of walking their dogs (or their families) in that neighbourhood.   I know I would be.

I must say when I see the 'but fluffy is fine with my dog/child/cat/whatever' I immediately put the owner in the 'has no clue' pile, and that they are not looking at the situation for what it is, or want to improve it (maybe I am just harsh)

• Like 3