Husky Training NW Sydney

Hello! I’m in Sydney too and my dog is scared of other dogs as well as being generally anxious. A couple of contacts for you. Louise Ginman at Positive Paws loves huskies as you can see, and adolescent dogs are a keen interest also. She runs speciality reactive dog classes as well doing 1-on-1 consults. The second is Lisa Hilleard at Polite Paws. She’s on the fringes of NW Sydney and has a live online dog skills class which may work really well for your guy. Both of these trainers use the methods detailed in this article about rewards-based training.

Great job with rewarding calm and the focus exercises. Here’s a kikopup video with a cue I’ve found super helpful for my dog when on walks. It helps us get the distance we need to stay under threshold, to do our counter conditioning and desensitisation exercises, or just get out of dodge when needed. It’s also taught him that he can move away to get the distance he needs to feel safe rather than engaging in barky-lungey behaviour to try to get the other dog to stay away. BAT 2.0 and Look At That are worth reading about too. Hope this helps!

• Like 1