Sooty needs help (24 Dec Doing Really Well)

Loving my Oldies

2 hours ago, Little Gifts said:

Funny isn't it - some vets would consider us neurotic while others are thankful that we are vigilant and compliant with everything they suggest. Stussy (now 13) is at the vet tomorrow because she has started some behaviours that are not normal. She is a dog that doesn't show pain so my concern is her dragging all the mats and dog beds around the house and trying to lie in very weird spots with them could simply be that she is in pain and finding it difficult to find a comfortable spot to lie. If it is not and her brain is getting fuzzier then at least I will know that too. My 2 main vets will think it is perfectly normal for me to take her in there on this evidence!

Isn't is great when we have vets who don't think we're crazy ..or if they do, they don't let on :laugh:.   I booked a neurotic mother consult with my vet of 18 years, to have a chat with him instead of just booking my 3 year old Border Collie's desex.    I needed reassurance that desexing her primarily for reasons of performance sport entries, (and because I worry that I'd miss a closed pyo ... and I'm not going to breed with her) wasn't going to do her unnecessary harm.   Bless him, he took it all seriously,   ,, discussed the pros and cons, promised that it would be him doing the surgery, and  reassured me that in his opinion I wouldn't miss catching a pyo  - I guess an advantage of being a neurotic owner :laugh:

I'm getting him to run a full blood panel too while we;re at it.   I think it's always handy to have a baseline for future reference.  

Oh and when I went to pay .. no charge.   :)

@Loving my Oldies  that sounds like a lovely morning in the garden for you and your helpers.:heart:

• Like 4

Vet has just rung me.  Yee hah:party:   :dancingelephant:  

All good news.  Her red blood cells are almost normal, white blood cells are coming down, not there yet, but dramatically improved.   And we don’t go back for further tests until Tuesday 22.  

Your posts and good wishes have cheered and fortified me immensely and obviously transmitted to Sooty.

Edited by Loving my Oldies
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, Loving my Oldies said:

Vet has just rung me.  Yee hah:party:   :dancingelephant:  

All good news.  Her red blood cells are almost normal, white blood cells are coming down, not there yet, but dramatically improved.   And we don’t go back for further tests until Tuesday 22.  

Your posts and good wishes have cheered and fortified me immensely and obviously transmitted to Sooty.

I told you that you are an awesome mummy @Loving my Oldies... and Sooty's recovery from what could have been a very serious condition is testament to that. Go Sooty!!!

T.

• Like 1

• Loving my Oldies changed the title to Sooty needs help (24 Dec Doing Really Well)

Latest update from bloods taken on 22nd.  Really good results, white blood cells normal, red blood cells normal, and I can slightly lower the dose of Pred Sooty is on.   She has gone up to 3.8kgs which did not surprise me :laugh:

She had another long lasting AB injection on Tuesday and I take her back in 14 days.  From now on, her bloods will still be monitored with the goal of lowering gradually the Pred dose to eventual ceasing.  If she maintains good results she might eventually go off meds, but if she relapses, she will be on the meds always.  She takes meds really easily, just down the hatch in a little ball of liverwurst.  

Best Christmas pressie I could have.   

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts and best wishes for Sooty.  Means a lot.   

:thanks:    :thanks:

• Like 8

Sooty the Pretzel trying out the new runner.  I’ve bought a couple of runners to help her get about.  Colour scheme is right off, but it suits her :laugh:  :laugh:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2kjPGZq][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50752476218_c0b3c07b5b_k.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2kjPGZq]C4982AE9-390E-40F7-9FF9-CEE4C95358D5[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/151194269@N04/]Cynthia Waters[/url], on Flickr

Edited by Loving my Oldies

2 hours ago, persephone said:

50752476218_c0b3c07b5b_k.jpg

I copied/pasted this highlighted bit into the address bar to get the image - then copied/pasted that into this reply :) There's probably an easier way. ...image.thumb.jpeg.0a997c1ede15b3cbd2c1b9d41c6268ab.jpeg

@Loving my Oldies

Exactly how I do it... you did good @persephone... lol!

@Loving my Oldies... so glad to hear that Sooty is improving in leaps and bounds... definitely due to her mummy's attentions methinks...

T.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1