Brown spots that look like dirt

Phillyfred

Hi boys and girls 

my little Yorky has brown spots on his belly I just noticed them yesterday they look like dirt but they will not wash your way.

back in February I believe there was a conversation about this topic and I cannot find it

there was a sulfur mixture given that could be rubbed on or applied with a paintbrush

also no one ever named what this condition is , so if anyone has a name for it , it sure would be appreciated.  

thank you 

phillyfred n Niko 

Silly question but are they symmetrical? Have you made sure they aren't nipples? They darken with age but just look like dots particularly if the dog is young. There's also spots from sunbaking on their back. And age spots that are normal.

Don't use the sulphur mix on a tiny yorkie tummy! That's an old treatment (and can cause allergic reactions) for animals with scabby bacterial/fungal patches.

You should be really going to the vet anyway and getting a diagnosis. Experimenting with stuff off the internet is a recipe for trouble. If there's no flaking, raised bumps or itchiness or redness it'll be a very quick visit. 

• Like 3

How old is your dog ? They could just be pigment spots/'age spots' ..or if a puppy, just part of the normal colouration pattern .A vet is the only person who can give you an answer and treatment options , as we are not vets, and can not see your little dog :)

• Like 3