Larry's liver cancer

Libby Elliott

Hi all, my much loved 14 year old Larry (Brittany Spaniel X) has an inoperable hepatocellular carcinoma (liver cancer). I was wondering if anyone out there is going through the same thing as Larry & me. It would be a comfort to be able to share our experience.

• Sad 1

This is a tough time @Libby Elliott.  I’ve had dogs with cancer (but none with liver cancer) and some have been diagnosed and gone in a short time, while others have showed few symptoms and not really suffered.  It is a very multi faceted disease.  

I will be thinking of you and Larry as I am sure many DOLers will be.  Just about every condition that ever there was has been experienced across the membership.  

:heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

• Like 1

Sympathy.  I'm not of the hugging persuasion and not about to gush. I've lost two dear dog friends to cancer this year (diagnosis complicated, never clear, but it was clear that the future was bleak and painful, even if I chose to spend big $ on further diagnosis).  It's hard to decide, when they still wag and show pleasure, when to make the awful choice.  

• Like 1

Yes @sandgrubber I could have done the same and spent thousands with my girl but it would only have given her 3-8 months and she would have had a long recovery from her surgery, we sometimes just need to say goodbye sooner than (not much) later.

I do feel for you and know the hell you are going through Libby but I think you know what you need to do soon :heart::hug:

• Like 1