Frontier Pets

Hi,

Has anyone tried Frontier Pets on their dogs, if so what did you think?  ? I have been looking to see what I can do to pick up Sashas appetite... she has gone off her dry food, patties, but she will tuck into tinned food ... so I was going to try her on premium tinned food but came across Frontier Pets. The reviews are excellent and I like that it’s dehydrated food.. they do a trial pack so keen to see if Sasha likes it.

frontierpets.com.au

Edited by Sashas Mum

I know what you mean LMO ....  reviews can be all well and good which is why I would like to hear from anyone who has tried it on their dogs.

Snook thanks :)  it is a bit exxy but it may be worth it , as atm she is hardly eating and she used to love her food :( 

• Sad 2

Frontier Pets is one of the highest quality dog foods in Australia. Human grade ingredients. It's pricy though (or you could say other foods are cheap... for a reason).

One thing worth considering is feeding some kind of appropriate bone, shank, or tendon to help dental health, but that can be said for any food really, just more so with wet and air/freeze dried foods which have absolutely no abrasion. 

• 3 weeks later...

Been feeding Frontier for a few months now; though their fat content recently went up in their food, which was unfortunate as we try to keep one of our dogs on a moderate-fat diet.

But, quality wise it's pretty awesome -  one of our dogs who is a fusspot took a while to get her to eat it, had to slowly mix it into her other food so she could get a taste for it, but once it became more noticeable we had a few issues, but we eventually got her to eat it.

Our other one who will eat a lot more things than her had no issues with it, it was looking like it was her fav thing to have, though recently, for whatever reason she seems to have gone off it. :shrug:

3 hours ago, Sashas Mum said:

Well it was a fail ... I started by gradually adding it but she refused to eat it.

That's a shame. Yeah, as mentioned one of ours was a little trouble, completely hiding it inside the other food at first, then when it became more noticable it got a little harder, when there was a considerable amount of it one time I just hand fed most of it to her (which, was quite messy LOL); but she eventually got to eating it herself.